Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Future

Sad as I am to say it - I think the forum is dead.
    I'm the most recent poster on a few of the threads and it is really only half a dozen or so posting.

:(
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|2 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (70 holes in total)

Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.
    Next up: third pair nostrils; venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Sad as I am to say it - I think the forum is dead.
    You might be right -yv- but I hope it isn't completely dead. I have really valued the forum over the years through getting bits of advice, either directly to my own posts or through reading other people's threads. Also gives you ideas!

In my view the forum will die completely if the situation of not allowing new members continues. If it is true that new members can't yet register, the final decline will probably take place. All this is a real shame and to a certain extent unnecessary, unless there's something going on which I'm not aware of.

Some questions spring to mind (and I hope I'm not speaking out of line here):

1. Do the owners want it to fade away?
    2. Why can't new members register? Is it a case of simply flicking a switch or something more complicated?
    3. Do the owners want to simply pass it on to someone else?
    4. Surely an active forum will drive web traffic to the on-line store?
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel, septum.

I really hope not! This is the only place I look on for advice and sometimes I really need advice from you all! I must probably would not be so tattooed and pierced if I had not joined.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'm sad too! I'm still sad that the BAF forum closed and I never even used to post on that one
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

What's with you guys?
    The Forum has this morning had its security certificate sorted as I said would happen. Therefore new members are now allowed to join.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL View Post
    What's with you guys?
    The Forum has this morning had its security certificate sorted as I said would happen. Therefore new members are now allowed to join.
    Thanks for the update!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Awh I think I'd actually be a bit sad if the forum closed! I have met so many people through here and at one stage had very good relationships with a few members.

As a person who doesn't really use social media at all, it's still nice to refer back to this forum every now and again to see any updates etc, I think it's more of a nostalgic thing than anything. It'd be nice to get it up and running like it used to be, but as it's been mentioned, people prefer so many different platforms nowadays and it's inevitable that something such as a forum will eventually quieten down.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I've been searching for a lot of piercing-related info recently and I always find my way onto this forum! I only made an account a couple of days ago after lurking for a while so reading this thread makes me sad. There must still be a lot of traffic in general though because it's always at the top of google for pretty much any kind of piercing query. So much easier to find answers to specific questions or diaries of experiences on forums like this than, say, facebook groups.
    CURRENT: septum, both nostrils, navel, 10G first lobes on each side (slowly stretching!), two standard additional lobes on each side

PLANS: vertical labret, nipples, VCH, triangle, a smattering of symmetrical ear piercings (double helix, triple outer conch, daith), tongue

RETIRED: HCH, double conch on right ear, one lobe on each side (originally my "second lobes" but too close to where I plan to stretch)

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrior View Post
    I've been searching for a lot of piercing-related info recently and I always find my way onto this forum! I only made an account a couple of days ago after lurking for a while so reading this thread makes me sad. There must still be a lot of traffic in general though because it's always at the top of google for pretty much any kind of piercing query. So much easier to find answers to specific questions or diaries of experiences on forums like this than, say, facebook groups.
    Yup people use it as a resource a LOT. The vast majority don't post though
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Awh I think I'd actually be a bit sad if the forum closed! I have met so many people through here and at one stage had very good relationships with a few members.

As a person who doesn't really use social media at all, it's still nice to refer back to this forum every now and again to see any updates etc, I think it's more of a nostalgic thing than anything. It'd be nice to get it up and running like it used to be, but as it's been mentioned, people prefer so many different platforms nowadays and it's inevitable that something such as a forum will eventually quieten down.
    I can't remember the last time I actually posted on here. Wow. A lot has changed with me since them. I'm now fast approaching being 23, and I'm not the little kid I was when I first signed up to this place.

For me, I feel similarly. There are reasons I left this forum, both to do with my personal life and to do with this forum itself. But I feel more nostalgic towards it than anything. Now if I'm wishing to engage with the mod community I do it through Instagram or Reddit. I do lurk here periodically to see how people are getting on, yet it is purely for the sake of nostalgia. I am very active in other forums for my other interests, but they are more analogous to safe havens on the internet away from rabid fandoms.

It makes me sad to see so many of my fellow posters not here anymore. I can only hope that with new registrations allowed this forum returns to the safe place it once was for me when I was lost and needed somewhere that understood me.

I genuinely hope all of you are doing well <3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast