Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Future

Default Forum Future

Hi all,

The forums aren't what they once were - I guess that people are using various social media platforms and I guess also there isn't really much new with piercings so people with questions don't need to go on forums to ask. Also, I don't think piercings are nearly as popular as they once were.

I miss the chat with like-minded people. I miss admiring pictures of other people's piercings. I even used to have meets with other local piercing fans from here. I have no pierced friends and tbh I am lonely.

I've searched around - there are some other forums but they are just as quiet as this one. There are various social media things but I'm tired of social media - especially the way people seem to change their preferred platform. I've not got the time or inclination to post on facebook, snapchat, isnstagram, reddit, kik, whatsapp etc etc.

I'm not sure what the solution is - I guess finding all of the forums still out there and agreeing a merger would be one idea.

What are other's thoughts and ideas?

Yvonne. x
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|2 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (70 holes in total)

Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.
    Next up: third pair nostrils; venoms; maybe something genital

I miss this forum being active too and am not a fan of social media either. I don't mind reddit though. Wish I could think of a solution and sorry I'm not much help ha ha ha!
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

As I've mentioned before. People are using social media more and more these days as it's all in one place. They can chat to friends, use groups, sell/buy items and keep in touch with companies all in one place.

It's just the way it's going.

I have to admit, I've been considering leaving as there's not much benefit/point to this forum any longer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

The main reason this forum is quiet is due to the new user registration being turned off and has been since August.
    This setting will be available again next month once the SSL certificates are running throughout the forum.

That is good news FiL - I didn't realise the new user registrations were turned off.

The forum has been getting quieter for a lot longer than since August though.

Someone needs to write an application that you can use for all your internet social interactions - you just create accounts on all the different things (this site, facebook, kik, whatever) and then interact with everyone via the one application.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|2 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (70 holes in total)

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    The forum has been getting quieter for a lot longer than since August though.
    Yup.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Is there a even good way to talk about specific interests on social media? A lot of it just seems to be random words next to hash signs, no way to have actual "conversations". Perhaps I'm getting too old to appreciate the internet these days ha ha ha!

There doesn't seem to be much going on on the Tribalectic or Painful Pleasures forums anymore either.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

I've searched around - plenty of piercing things on facebook but not really updated and a lot of foreign language stuff. Facebook could work but not sure if there is anything I am missing or how it could be started.

My first thought was that someone could approach all the other forums and see if there is interest in consolidating to one.

I feel increasingly in a minority and just need pierced friends.

They're mainly US groups from what I know. I tend not to bother any more, my life is a bit too busy these days anyway and being an admin for the Jewelry Exchange means I've naturally made friends with people in the modified community over the years. I've also kept close friends with a LOT of people from here so a lot of my social circle are already part of the mod community.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Reddit has a fairly active mod community - r/piercing, r/stretched and r/bodymods, for example.

When coming on here, I always notice that it shows that there are a lot of people viewing the site. It's a shame that not many of them contribute, be that due to the inability to sign up or otherwise.
    Current: septum (12g/2mm).
    Retired: nipples.
    Want: tongue, nipples, nostrils (?).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast