Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with 3rd lobe newish piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Funny you say that Mazzy…. She has an MRI scan coming up so I've just bought some 2.4mm & 1.6mm gauge Bio-flex bars with push on balls so I can fit her out. The good news is that they really are settling down for now with almost no lymph and the bump is now flat and slowly turning skin coloured. It will be just typical if the jewellery change upsets things again. I may post some pics to show you when I get time.

Thanks for the suggestion
    Yes, - I forgot to mention yesterday - Please send some pics. I will have to take some of mine.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    It's possible for cheap gem ends to have a thin metal backing behind the glass stone as this can make them shine a bit better. Unless you can get some kind of certificate from the manufacturer it's impossible to know exactly what you're getting. When "Bio-Flex" got popular people wanted to know exactly what it was and I'm not sure anyone has ever found out other than "it's plastic". Of course many many companies now sell "bioflex" without the little "R" so goodness only knows what that's made out of.

The gem itself will be either low-grade glass or plastic, probably acrylic.

If you want to please the medical profession use PTFE for surgery (it's used for surgical implants). You can buy lengths of it super cheap, cut to fit and thread it yourself, replace everything that might close up and then just chuck it once you're done.
    Many thanks for your help and advice Boo. I had a funny feeling about the "gem" possibly being metal. I did look online but all I could find is "contains plastic" lol.. - Very helpful. Thank you for the PTFE advice too. I would have to get my piercer to fit most of mine as I tried last night (without getting in to a panic this time) to get my eyebrow bar undone and it was impossible.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Well, I went to see my piercer yesterday and I think my piercer has had some fun here! These are all PTFE - many thanks for letting me know about PTFE Boo. Some of my piercings started to get a bit niggly lately and some were starting to try to settle but they have taken a long time. Now there is a conclusion that I maybe now funny with Titanium. (Stupid allergies!). PTFE is more comfortable for me and I am noticing a difference. My right Daith piercing has moved so, I don't know how long that will be in for. I would have to have it re-done when the time comes.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-31-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Wow! Clearly your piercer was having fun
    They look grrrreat!!
    Really hope the PTFE helps you out and all goes well with your upcoming hospital visit
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 8g (3.2mm) Circular Barbell in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) Barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Many thanks Tikiman. Hope Mrs T gets on ok with her scan. Yes, my piercer I think enjoyed that. It most probably made a change lol.. I said "anything random" and yes I got it. My eyebrow has got a blue bar and some sort of flowery ball ends to it. The Daith's made me laugh though as before my piercer put them in she showed me that you can totally stretch them right out in all shapes. They don't look like plastic. Thank you for hoping the PTFE helps me and all goes well with Hospital. - I go tomorrow - of all days being the 1st of April!

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    - I go tomorrow - of all days being the 1st of April!
    They could have picked a more convenient date I suppose.
    Best wishes for tomorrow
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    They could have picked a more convenient date I suppose.
    Best wishes for tomorrow
    Many thanks Tikiman - all ok now. Yes, the date had me thinking. All the plastic jewellery that my ears loved had to be changed back ASAP as after I had my Operation I took all the tape off broken balls were in my bed lol... Some of the plastic Labret posts were also all bent. I had put the tape back on again for a couple of them. I have now got some new threadless push in types of Opal Labrets. I wanted to change them for a good while.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 04-07-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Broken balls Mazzy? How bizarre! PTFE is extremely flexible and bends very easily so I'm not surprised a few were bent.
    Your new opal labrets sound good
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Yes, quite a few broken balls. I had to tape my Rook up at one end as it broke. My Piercer said that when I went home she realised that I should have had the plain coloured balls in the PTFE as the coloured groovy ones that were used are only glued together and could break. They were only a pound so, I cannot really moan - it did the job. I didn't realise that PTFE was extremely flexible and of course bends.

Thank you about my new opal labrets. I will post a photo when my Daith opal new ones are fitted. Sadly, not sure if it was the change or not but, a few piercings are annoyed and my Paw Print piercing has now got a dreaded bump on one of the claws.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 04-12-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Oh poor you Mazzy! Those dreaded bumps and irritations and you'd just about got it all under control. MrsT's 3rd lobe is now behaving but her second lobe is now playing up. I'll be removing and warm compressing for her tonight
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos: