Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with 3rd lobe newish piercing.

Hi TikiMan. - Thank you for being glad I may have found a solution to ease my annoyed piercings. My right ear became very annoyed to say the least. Then we got the bad weather which, we avoided going out in this time so nothing at all near my ears and now my piercings are doing well.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

TikiMan - Is your better half still having problems with her third lobe? It was suggested by my piercer to try BPA oil again just at night. (I used to use this years ago and I am surprise, surprise a bit funny with it but, it just feels like Deep Heat going on now-a-days). My Ears have improved so has my "Helix from Hell" that has hurt for nearly two years.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-10-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    TikiMan - Is your better half still having problems with her third lobe? It was suggested by my piercer to try BPA oil again just at night. (I used to use this years ago and I am surprise, surprise a bit funny with it but, it just feels like Deep Heat going on now-a-days). My Ears have improved so has my "Helix from Hell" that has hurt for nearly two years.
    Good to hear your problem piercings are improving Mazzy! They are a real labour of love...lol..

Thank you for asking about MrsT and passing on the above info about BPA Oil.
    Yeah.... her third lobe is proving to be a real pain in the backside. We've tried salt soaks (nah), boiled water (nah), compresses (slight improvement), LITHA (no difference) more recently tried Prontolind spray which, I admit, I am very cautious about using and yet have seen great improvement with the bump now flat and skin turning lighter than the angry purple look. She has great problems healing since chemotherapy & radiotherapy for her breast cancer 6yrs ago though.

BPA is useful stuff and I've always got some handy for piercing maintenance How sad am I? Lol . I tend not to put it on piercing fistulas until fully healed to allow it to breathe but a drop rubbed into the surrounding skin seems to help moisturise and get the vitamin A into the skin. Fully refined emu oil is also good.

I hope your piercings continue to improve too!
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Good to hear your problem piercings are improving Mazzy! They are a real labour of love...lol..

Thank you for asking about MrsT and passing on the above info about BPA Oil.
    Yeah.... her third lobe is proving to be a real pain in the backside. We've tried salt soaks (nah), boiled water (nah), compresses (slight improvement), LITHA (no difference) more recently tried Prontolind spray which, I admit, I am very cautious about using and yet have seen great improvement with the bump now flat and skin turning lighter than the angry purple look. She has great problems healing since chemotherapy & radiotherapy for her breast cancer 6yrs ago though.

BPA is useful stuff and I've always got some handy for piercing maintenance How sad am I? Lol . I tend not to put it on piercing fistulas until fully healed to allow it to breathe but a drop rubbed into the surrounding skin seems to help moisturise and get the vitamin A into the skin. Fully refined emu oil is also good.

I hope your piercings continue to improve too!
    I am really sorry to hear about Mrs T. (((Hugs))) for Mrs T. Hoping things are much better for Mrs T now. I agree that Piercings are a real labour of love. Thank you for hoping things are improving with mine. I am glad to say things are much better now. Prontolind Spray is the only thing I can get on with, with new piercings. Salt soaks etc... don't do anything so, I know how Mrs T feels. How long has it been since Mrs T has had her third lobes done now? Mine have only started to feel ok and it must have been over 14 months easily.

That is good you have got some BPA oil in. I didn't but - think we will have now lol...
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-15-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I am really sorry to hear about Mrs T. (((Hugs))) for Mrs T. Hoping things are much better for Mrs T now.
    Thanks Mazzy! MrsT says thanks for the hugs . She's 'C' free now thanks to an amazing NHS Oncology department here in Kent.
    I agree that Piercings are a real labour of love. Thank you for hoping things are improving with mine. I am glad to say things are much better now. Prontolind Spray is the only thing I can get on with, with new piercings. Salt soaks etc... don't do anything so, I know how Mrs T feels.
    Fingers crossed they fully heal!

How long has it been since Mrs T has had her third lobes done now? Mine have only started to feel ok and it must have been over 14 months easily.
    MrsT's about 9 months into healing with them now. Not quite as long as yours yet but very annoying.

That is good you have got some BPA oil in. I didn't but - think we will have now lol...
    I first used an oil whilst healing back in the mid 90's when Patrick Bartholomew (sadly no longer with us) of the London Piercing Clinic pierced my first nipple. Oils seemed to not be so popular through the Noughties but seem to be becoming more popular again. Personally I get on well with them and have always used them but like all products...they won't suit everyone's ability to heal.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Glad Mrs T is fine now. That was good Mrs T went to a decent Hospital. I think 9 months maybe a little early as my piercer said to me that third lobes take longer than the other ones. **Fingers crossed for Mrs T** Mine are finally starting to settle now. - At last! I have now been able to use the BPA Oil and it is helping.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Has Mrs T ever thought of having Bio-flex put in her third lobes for a little while? As I have done this many times with very good results.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Has Mrs T ever thought of having Bio-flex put in her third lobes for a little while? As I have done this many times with very good results.
    Funny you say that Mazzy…. She has an MRI scan coming up so I've just bought some 2.4mm & 1.6mm gauge Bio-flex bars with push on balls so I can fit her out. The good news is that they really are settling down for now with almost no lymph and the bump is now flat and slowly turning skin coloured. It will be just typical if the jewellery change upsets things again. I may post some pics to show you when I get time.

Thanks for the suggestion
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Funny you say that Mazzy…. She has an MRI scan coming up so I've just bought some 2.4mm & 1.6mm gauge Bio-flex bars with push on balls so I can fit her out. The good news is that they really are settling down for now with almost no lymph and the bump is now flat and slowly turning skin coloured. It will be just typical if the jewellery change upsets things again. I may post some pics to show you when I get time.

Thanks for the suggestion
    No problem Tikiman. Sorry, to hear about the MRI scan soon. Hope Mrs T gets on ok. Typical when things are finally settling down. It is the same here - for once they are becoming happy and now they are going to be disturbed. That is good you are able to fit them all yourself. I get in a right flap with changing mine so my piercer will have to do them for me. Mind you, I haven't got many decent retainer types of jewellery here ether. (Too many piercings now.)

Silly question - does anyone on here know this please? You know the bio-flex posts that have a little shiny gem type of things in them you put in to the post? The Pre op Nurse from hell was trying to say that the gem is still metal. Now I am sure this isn't but, I cannot find out what the shiny gem is actually is made of. My Piercer said that all of Bio-flex contains no metal at all.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 03-24-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Silly question - does anyone on here know this please? You know the bio-flex posts that have a little shiny gem type of things in them you put in to the post? The Pre op Nurse from hell was trying to say that the gem is still metal. Now I am sure this isn't but, I cannot find out what the shiny gem is actually is made of. My Piercer said that all of Bio-flex contains no metal at all.
    It's possible for cheap gem ends to have a thin metal backing behind the glass stone as this can make them shine a bit better. Unless you can get some kind of certificate from the manufacturer it's impossible to know exactly what you're getting. When "Bio-Flex" got popular people wanted to know exactly what it was and I'm not sure anyone has ever found out other than "it's plastic". Of course many many companies now sell "bioflex" without the little "R" so goodness only knows what that's made out of.

The gem itself will be either low-grade glass or plastic, probably acrylic.

If you want to please the medical profession use PTFE for surgery (it's used for surgical implants). You can buy lengths of it super cheap, cut to fit and thread it yourself, replace everything that might close up and then just chuck it once you're done.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast