Thread: Problem with 3rd lobe newish piercing.

Question Problem with 3rd lobe newish piercing.

Hi, I have had my 3rd lobe piercing since 11th November 2017. Not had any real problems with them until last night. My left 3rd lobe started to really niggle. So, to have a proper look I moved the labret post more forward etc... It seemed like something had burst in it. It was white stuff with blood in it. The same thing again tonight. I really do not think this is an infection as some of you on here say you will know about it. Lol.. would any of you know why suddenly now please? I havenít touched my lobes until now. I have been good avoiding them.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

If the discharge is green, has an odour, and/or your ear is hot to the touch, it is likely an infection. From what you're describing seems to be a minor flare up. I got my third lobe (L) pierced last April, it was healing wonderfully (or so I thought) until about 4 months later, the bugger acted up just like what yours is doing right now, and it did the same 2 months after that. Keep up with the salt soaks or whatever method you use to clean them, it should go away soon. I find lobes super finicky; one day they seem completely fine and the next day, boom.
    Left ear: lobe 3x, helix 3x, 1 inner conch
    Right ear: lobe 2x, tragus
    Retired: helix (L) and helix (R)

Thank you for your reply and help Wonton. It was is much appreciated. Welcome to the forum as well. Sorry, to hear that you have had the same problem too. The discharge is still white and doesn't smell. It is not hot to the touch and the only time it is red and warm is when I have SSS it. As you can guess they were doing really well until now.

SSS don't really work for me but, I have started to do these anyway and they are actually helping with the niggle. I think quite a few piercings I have had have been finicky. I think I had the same problem with my Helix's but they were not as messy.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 01-30-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Oooooh, I’m finding these a real pain in the bum now. After all the piercings I have had the 3rd lobes are driving me mad.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Since I have had my paw pad piercing done I have stopped wearing my winter hat. Now my 3rd lobes are behaving.

Quite a few Tattoo's.