Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New piercing - the Conch!

Thumbs up New piercing - the Conch!

Hello! Well, this piercing looks to me very painful indeed and that had put me right off of course. My Piercer knew I was calling as I get really bad with nerves (bad experiences elsewhere). But, in the end it was too tempting so, yesterday although very nervous had it done. Lol... I ended up saying when it was pierced "Was that it"? I felt it but, it wasn't that bad at all. The thing that did hurt though was when the jewellery was put through. That was much worse - I didn't like that. It was suggested that a barbell would be better that a labret stud. I am really surprised to be honest as when I had barbells for my Helix they kept me up all night hitting my pillow. Luckily, this one doesn't hit the pillow.

The problem is that it is only slightly tender (expecting more in the next couple if days). That I forget it is there and I managed to catch it washing my hair. (It is a lower Conch).
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

That's the thing with piercings pain is different for everyone. Where one person says it's super painful another will say it didn't hurt at all. I have 3 conch piercings and none of them really "hurt". But on my last one it was uncomfortable when they placed the jewelry. Happy healing!!!
    Left ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch, Forward Helix and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Right nostril Septum, and Philtrum
    Want: 4th Lobe, 2nd Foreward Helix and Anti-Tragus
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, Inverse Vertical Labret and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

My conch (had it re done 3 different times) was sooo painful, glad it was okay for you!
    the barbell to start with was easier to rinse the crusties off I found, but now it's downsized and healing nicely is got a labret in which is more comfortable - happy healing!
    Left 10mm lobe,
    Right 10mm lobe,
    Right eyebrow, Septum,
    13 Tattoos

Barbells in conches are common so the back doesn't dig in if you lean on it during healing with it being longer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

All 3 of my conch piercings had labret jeweley. But my newest one needs to have a longer post of some kind i think since I have a bump on the back.
    Left ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch, Forward Helix and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Right nostril Septum, and Philtrum
    Want: 4th Lobe, 2nd Foreward Helix and Anti-Tragus
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, Inverse Vertical Labret and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Kudos to you for facing one of your piercing fears. I was also super terrified to get my conch pierced because I got lost in videos about poor experiences - I bit the bullet eventually and it is now my favourite piercing that I have I wish you all the best with healing! I'm glad you had a good experience too.
    Left ear: lobe 3x, helix 3x, 1 inner conch
    Right ear: lobe 2x, tragus
    Retired: helix (L) and helix (R)

Congratulations on your new shiney enjoy,had mine 3 weeks and it's starting to feel less tender etc so fingers crossed it's plain sailing for us both xx

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Renee View Post
    That's the thing with piercings pain is different for everyone. Where one person says it's super painful another will say it didn't hurt at all. I have 3 conch piercings and none of them really "hurt". But on my last one it was uncomfortable when they placed the jewelry. Happy healing!!!
    Many thanks for the happy healing wishes. You were brave to have had three done! The "pain thing" is really weird isn't it? As quite a few people say that their Tragus' didn't hurt. I can certainly say that mine really did hurt! One of the most painful ones I have had done.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 01-12-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" piercing towards the top of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. Re-pierced now next to the old one.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by x__ejw View Post
    My conch (had it re done 3 different times) was sooo painful, glad it was okay for you!
    the barbell to start with was easier to rinse the crusties off I found, but now it's downsized and healing nicely is got a labret in which is more comfortable - happy healing!
    Many thanks for your happy healing wishes. You are brave to have three done as well! Sorry, to hear yours were painful. I really hope that the barbell will be helpful for when the crusties start. My Tragus Labret was a crusty magnet. Glad yours are healing nicely.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 01-12-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Barbells in conches are common so the back doesn't dig in if you lean on it during healing with it being longer.
    Yes, believe it or not I am doing well with the barbell. It is very comfy at the moment. I usually cannot get on with them.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast