Thread: Nipple tear not healing

Default Nipple tear not healing

So back in AUGUST I woke up and pulled my pyjama top off up over my head and was met with excruciating pain. The ball on my right nipple piercing was caught on a tiny hole in the fabric. I investigated the source of the pain and unattached the fabric from the ball. I immediately cleaned with a glass of warm sea salt solution cupped over it. The bar didn't rip OUT, it was still in, and my nipple wasn't totally slashed but torn on the left side meaning the hole was more like a line than a dot and was bigger. We are now in December so it's been four months. During that time, I have tried doing regular sea salt soaks, I have also tried benign neglect, for a couple days I was spraying antibac piercing spray (which made it angry). I am getting lymph and the skin around that hole looks raw and is swollen outwards. It's unsightly and sometimes throbs. The point is, it isn't healing, and this was 4 months ago.

I had both my nipples pierced at the same time nearly 2 years ago, and although the piercing process itself was exceptionally painful, it was an absolute dream in terms of healing. No puss, no blood. They really just seemed to heal just like that, way easier than any other piercing i've had. I have a good diet and take a multivitamin with zinc. I'm pretty sure i'm deficient in vitamin D (should get confirmation in a few days) so that could definitely be a factor. But does anyone else have any experience/theories/tips for getting this effing thing to heal? Would be much appreciated. Also concerned about future breast feeding. Thanks x

Have you seen your piercer?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network