Thread: Very persistent navel piercing bump

Default Very persistent navel piercing bump

Hi guys,
    I've been wondering about the bump near my navel piercing for a while. I've had the piercing for about 8 months so I understand it's still healing, however the bump appeared 5 months ago and never disappeared.

I still do sea salt soaks twice a day, don't touch it at all, even tried leaving it alone for a while without doing anything...but nothing really seems to help.
    The piercing itself doesn't hurt though it does randomly get sensitive sometimes, so I don't think it's infected because there's no green discharge or pain.
    It does look pretty red and bad though, I wonder if it's rejecting.

I also can't visit the piercer because I unfortunately moved to another city because of university.
    Does anyone have advice what it could be and what I can do about it?

I'm aware the forum isn't as active as it used to be but I guess I can always try asking.

Pictures:
    https://i.gyazo.com/392f5fdd2c017b32...7afc0144d0.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/f03facc306895c6d...93ad2fda05.png
    Current piercings: lobe x6, helix x5, navel
    Wanted: tragus

What jewellery do you have in it? It needs to be top quality titanium.
    Caro

It's supposed to be titanium but I'm honestly starting to doubt the quality of it, although I'm kinda scared of changing it when it's not fully healed (but if the jewelry is the problem I suppose I have to.)
    Current piercings: lobe x6, helix x5, navel
    Wanted: tragus

The jewellery looks cheap. Go see an excellent piercer and get them to change it out for you and assess the piercing also. I'm not sure how well suited you are to this piercing anatomically.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network