Thread: Bump on the back of Conch Piercing

Default Small Bump on Conch Piercing

I was cleaning my conch piercing tonight & I found that I have a small bump on the back of it (it's not very big at all). It hasn't formed around the jewellery.

Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this bump & quickly?

Currently: 4 lobes, left nostril, left inner conch
    Want: Right helix
    Retired: Left tragus
    Last edited by ELMawnX; 11-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Bumps on cartilage piercings are extremely common and usually flare up/down during the 6-12 month healing process. Just make sure there is no irritation causing it such as poor jewellery, poor placement, incorrect cleaning etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Default Bump on the back of Conch Piercing

I know I've posted a thread before about a bump on the back of my conch piercing, but I have more concerns about it.
    It seems to have grown in size in the past couple of days & it has been painful to clean my conch because of it. After I clean the back of my piercing, it makes that area of the ear feel numb for about 2 minutes.

Is there anything that I can do to make it go in a quick amount of time?

Last edited by ELMawnX; 11-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.

I assume you were given advice in your other thread? If so just keep following it. Bumps are very common and take time to go. Also please don't start new threads about the same thing just to keep the forum tidy. I'll merge them when I'm back in my office. Thanks!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Ok, threads merged, did you make sure there is no source of irritation?

If so then you can try hot compresses as they can sometimes assist but often leaving it alone works best.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Literally before typing this, it just burst & the blood coming out of it was in clotting. Probably an infection?
    The bump has now increased in size & is now covering the whole of the back of my jewellery :(

Last edited by ELMawnX; 11-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.

You'd know if it was infected, the stuff coming out of the wound would smell foul, it would be hot to touch, throbbing, constant extreme pain, you'd feel generally unwell etc all usual signs of infection

as as far as piercings bumps go, I just leave mine alone, I've had one for a good 8 months on one of my piercings and it is decreasing in size. I'm just patient with it, have proper fitting high quality jewellery in it and avoid touching or playing with it and it's doing pretty good.
    Left 8mm lobe,
    Right 10mm lobe,
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley,
    13 Tattoos