Thread: Blackening skin and piercing?

Default Blackening skin and piercing?

Hey guys, I bought my best friend some pretty earrings for her birthday and she has been wearing them for around a week now. Just today she told me that she has noticed that the surroundings of her ear piercing has begun to turn into a bluish-black colour and she has since removed the earrings, which I just realised is made of sterling silver as I bought it at a shop and didn't ask what material it is. Is this stain permanent, even though her piercing has already healed and she has only worn the earrings for a week?

I feel really bad now as I only thought of how pretty the earrings are and how much she would like them, but didn't take into account the material.

Here's her ear piercing for visual representation: https://imgur.com/a/CP6x9

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

Might just be tarnish rubbed off on her skin. It happens to me sometimes. If it's tarnish then it'll come off with some make up remover on a cotton pad and a bit of rubbing.

But yes silver is said to stain the skin permanently. It has never done so for me and I usually have sterling silver in my lobes and have worn it a lot in the past in my nostril.

Fingers crossed!
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Might just be tarnish rubbed off on her skin. It happens to me sometimes. If it's tarnish then it'll come off with some make up remover on a cotton pad and a bit of rubbing.

But yes silver is said to stain the skin permanently. It has never done so for me and I usually have sterling silver in my lobes and have worn it a lot in the past in my nostril.

Fingers crossed!
    Thank you for the quick reply, I'll tell my best friend about this ASAP!

Definitely fingers crossed lol.

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes