Thread: Septum piercing questions

Default Septum piercing questions

Hello, it's me again! I got my septum pierced a few days ago and am absolutely in love with it, although I do have a few questions about it after seeing tons of threads about this piercing on here and on reddit:

1) I've seen some sources say that during the healing period if one keeps flipping their septum piercing up and down too much it would affect the placement and make it crooked - is this true? I've flipped it up and down a couple of times to show it off and also clean the piercing as there was gunk stuck on the CBB, but now I'm not sure if I should keep doing that.

2) If the above statement is true, will picking my nose too much also affect the placement? I can't stand knowing that my nose has gunk in it without cleaning everything out, so I always must pick my nose and clear up everything before I'm satisfied. Should I stop doing this?

Thank you once again!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

First statement is false however, flipping your septum up and down irritates the piercing which can delay the healing period so either keep it up or down. Once it's healed you can flip it as much as you want.
    I would definitely avoid picking your nose however, if you must clean your nose then use a q-tip and try to avoid moving the jewellery around.

Quote Originally Posted by 2GenderReality View Post
    First statement is false however, flipping your septum up and down irritates the piercing which can delay the healing period so either keep it up or down. Once it's healed you can flip it as much as you want.
    I would definitely avoid picking your nose however, if you must clean your nose then use a q-tip and try to avoid moving the jewellery around.
    I'm glad that statement is false since it's really worrying, thank you so much!!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

1) Placement is decided when the needle goes through the membrane so it cannot be altered. However, if you mess with it during healing you can cause bumps/swelling, causing the piercing to look crooked.

2) Very clean q-tip or rolled up sterile gauze if you absolutely have to wipe things away.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    1) Placement is decided when the needle goes through the membrane so it cannot be altered. However, if you mess with it during healing you can cause bumps/swelling, causing the piercing to look crooked.

2) Very clean q-tip or rolled up sterile gauze if you absolutely have to wipe things away.
    Thanks Hazel!!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes