Thread: snug piercings; yay or nay?

Default snug piercings; yay or nay?

Recently I've been thinking a lot about snug piercings & the more I think about them, the more I want one. But I've heard some weird stories from people regarding aftercare & swelling & as I've been having some issues with my tragus, I'm not sure what I should do?
    Also, anyone who has got it done, what's the pain scale like & what's the swelling like afterwards?

Currently: 4 lobes, left nostril, left inner conch
    Want: Right helix
    Retired: Left tragus
    Last edited by ELMawnX; 11-15-2017 at 08:12 PM.

I love mine!
    Swelling and pain was pretty bad for the first 2 weeks, but could control well with ibuprofen, it's 10 months old now and still not healed but not problematic either and hasn't been for a long time, I'd like to say if it continues on as it has been it will be fully healed in a few months time
    Left 10mm lobe,
    Right 10mm lobe,
    Right eyebrow, Septum,
    13 Tattoos

Love mine too - in fact I had a double snug done at the same time; there's a diary here somewhere.

I had no significant swelling even immediately post piercing. The 12mm bars I had were far far too long, the swelling never came close although I did take 400mg ibuprofen once a day for the first week or so to try and minimise it. I was downsized to 8mm after 2 or 3 weeks and I've been there ever since. They did ache a bit for the first 48 hours but to call it pain would be overstating it other than after a few unguarded hugs! I'm now 15 months into the healing process and they are nearly there.

The healing has been a bit of a long haul but it's a lot of tissue to pierce and I was expecting a 12-18mth healing period. I am pretty sure mine would be healed by now if I hadn't put them back by having an unnecessary jewellery change at around 8mths but that is entirely my own fault and the jewellery is well worth it
    Caro