Thread: Throbbing Helix

Post Throbbing Helix

Hello guys, I got helix piercings on both ears around a week ago and everything has been fine until I woke up on Friday with my left helix throbbing and sore, while my right helix is fine and not acting up. I've been sleeping on a donut-shaped pillow with the middle cut out so I don't think I've placed too much pressure on my left ear for it to act up like that. It has already been 2 days and the pain is still persisting. The throbbing pain was manageable at first but now it's gotten even more painful and it's keeping me up at night due to how much of a pain it is.

I just ate 2 pills of painkiller and am hoping the pain would lessen but I would like some advice on this: is it normal? Should I go back to my piercer ASAP? I'll be going back in 2 weeks' time anyways to change the titanium barbell to a shorter one but should I make the trip earlier? Thank you!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

If the pain is severe then I suggest seeing a healthcare professional. A correctly placed piercing done with implant grade, high-quality jewellery should not cause pain so bad it causes you to lose sleep.

Do you have any other symptoms? Excessive swelling/redness? Bleeding? Is it hot to the touch? Do you feel generally unwell? Any smelly discharge? Any discharge that is dark yellow/green/brown? Any streaking lines from the piercing site?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If the pain is severe then I suggest seeing a healthcare professional. A correctly placed piercing done with implant grade, high-quality jewellery should not cause pain so bad it causes you to lose sleep.

Do you have any other symptoms? Excessive swelling/redness? Bleeding? Is it hot to the touch? Do you feel generally unwell? Any smelly discharge? Any discharge that is dark yellow/green/brown? Any streaking lines from the piercing site?
    The swelling seems pretty severe but it isn't hot to the touch nor does it produce discharge that is either of those colours, only whitish discharge. I feel fine too, just irritated and annoyed by the persistent throbs. Here's a picture for reference: https://imgur.com/a/QLt5A

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

Go see a medical/healthcare professional.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Alright, I'll do so first thing in the morning. Thanks!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

One more question: do i have to remove my piercing if it's really infected? Or can I still keep it in?

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

Keep it in.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks once again Hazel

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

Anytime.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network