Thread: First time changing nostril tips!

Default First time changing nostril tips!

Has anyone got any tips on changing your nostril piercing for the first time?

It is a bit early to change it

I am changing it to a sterile titanium screw as the Jem on this one is so big it sticks 3mm out of my nose! And I keep catching it, it almost got ripped out on holiday when I was wearing my glasses and my uncle bumped into me!

Should i I clean my nose with hibbiscrub or just sterile saline before I put the new jewellery in?
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

If it's too early to change it then go see a piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If it's too early to change it then go see a piercer.
    Once I've got the new jewellery it will only be a week and a half early, it just I go back to work and I don't feel particularly safe having the huge gem and my glasses at work, as I work with horses and sheep
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

When did you have it done? It can take at least 4 months to fully heal a nostril piercing.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    When did you have it done? It can take at least 4 months to fully heal a nostril piercing.
    I was told between 6 weeks and 6 months for healing, it will be around 4 1/2 - 5 weeks but is already showing signs of being healed, there's no healing gunk, no redness, no swelling and no pain when I clean it or touch it

with any cut or injury I've had I've always healed really quickly, my lobe piercings healed really quickly too
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

Piercings heal from the outside in, so they can look/feel good but not be healed.
    there's no way a nose piercing would be healed in 6 weeks.
    Have a piercer change it at this point so everything is as hygienic as possible
    Left 8mm lobe,
    Right 10mm lobe,
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley,
    13 Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Paintingflow3rz View Post
    I was told between 6 weeks and 6 months for healing, it will be around 4 1/2 - 5 weeks but is already showing signs of being healed, there's no healing gunk, no redness, no swelling and no pain when I clean it or touch it

with any cut or injury I've had I've always healed really quickly, my lobe piercings healed really quickly too
    It's true that there are some people who heal quicker than others. In my opinion though, it's always best to give a piercing it's longest healing timeframe to make sure it's fully healed before changing the jewellery, because if not fully healed, could set back the healing process, unless the post needs downsizing to prevent any trauma.

Piercings have an 'initial' healing time, where they do stop lymhing, hurting and appear from the outside to be healed. However, if bumped, is susceptible to trauma more easily - causing to restart the healing process again. To be 'fully' healed takes much longer, so that when changing the jewellery or if bumped, doesn't cause any major trauma other than perhaps a slight soreness for a couple of hours.

Depending upon which piercing you have, it is possible to change jewellery during the initial period and usually this is done to downsize the post, as the length to accommodate the initial swelling has now subsided and needs to be downsized to prevent being knocked.

Nostril piercings can be easily susceptible to trauma and are best left alone before being fully healed. However, if you feel the jewellery is causing you problems, then go to a piercer to assess it and have them change it.

info.painfulpleasures.com/help-center/information-center/nose-piercing-faqs

holier-than-thou.co.uk/services/piercing/piercing-healing-times/

infinitebody.com/facial/nostril-faq/

sinonskin.co.uk/healing-times.html
    Last edited by FiL; 08-25-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

There's a knack to getting nose screws in!

And your nose will be tender and prone to swelling so if you don't get it right first time you could find you can't get it in at all nor may you be able to get the original one back in either. It would be well worth getting the pro to do it.
    Caro

So far I've been really lucky, even when it was first done and when it was almost ripped out it didn't swell or go red, it didn't hurt when it was almost ripped out, I'll take the jewellery to the piercer and get them to do it tomorrow or Tuesday, the jewellery was delivered sooner than I expected
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

It's changed and it feels so much better! It's no longer rubbing the middle of my nose and less risk of it getting caught
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe