Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nose bump

Default Nose bump

I have a hypertrophic scar on my nose!! At least that's what I think it is. After using aspirin, sea salt soaks and diluted tea tree oil, it grew a bit and became white like a whitehead. I'm so tempted to just drain it, it looks as if it's about to burst but I'm not sure whether I should actually just pop it. Would this be a good idea or should I just keep treating it?!

That's pretty harsh treatment. How old is your piercing? Most of these bumps settle fastest when you remove the source of the irritation (often poor quality or badly fitting jewellery) and leave them alone.
    Caro

My piercing is about a month old and tbh I think I got it due to bumping it and the initial moving it around and having it fall out a lot in the beginning, it's sterling silver and I know my ears don't seem to mind it, is sterling silver kind enough for my new piercing?

No, you need implant grade titanium or implant grade steel. Silver should never, ever be worn long term in piercings, let alone be used as the starter jewellery. Go see a good piercer and get something implant grade in there and then leave it alone.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Okay! I will change it to surgical steel or titanium as soon as possible. The bump has gone even weirder now, like it burst and left behind this red... meaty thing and it's drying up but it's very ugly and embarrassing. I hope this is normal

It's probably because of the poor jewellery, it should sort it's self out with a little gentle tlc and proper jewellery
    Left 10mm lobe,
    Right 10mm lobe,
    Right eyebrow, Septum,
    13 Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Kittt View Post
    Okay! I will change it to surgical steel or titanium as soon as possible. The bump has gone even weirder now, like it burst and left behind this red... meaty thing and it's drying up but it's very ugly and embarrassing. I hope this is normal
    Silver has a lot of nasties in it so yeah, not surprising.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hopefully once I have appropriate jewellery it should calm down. I'm rather annoyed that I didn't research enough, but what annoys me even more is the place I got the studs from knew my piercing was a week old and they recommended them to me!!

No piercing is ready to be changed after 1 week. Nostrils can take 2-3 months to heal fully.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I had to get new studs since the one I had got stuck on something and completely fell out and got lost, and they recommended the sterling silver ones to me. It was at blue banana, only recently I've heard they're not the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast