Thread: Nose piercing problem! No idea what to do

Unhappy Nose piercing problem! No idea what to do

Ok so I did get a gun, which I know was a really stupid choice but the lady who pierced my nose seemed 'experienced ' and I thought she seemed trustworthy, she had a ton of her own nose rings herself so..

anyway! It has been healing really well until I dried my face with a towel yesterday and it slid out and I've not found it since, so I put an earring in and got new studs today! My nose was crusty and stuff so I immediately cleaned it and tried to get the new stud in, and it dig into the hole almost falling through!!! Then I tried again and it literally went inside my cartilage, like it missed the hole and I felt like it was floating around in my actual cartilage if that's even possible! I heard a crunch too 🤢🤢🤢 this really worried me and caused me to take it out fast and just stick it in unbended into an L, and clean it with the sea salt solution, it doesn't look super good but could be worse. I do however want to take it out and properly try again but I'm terrified it'll do that thing getting stuck under the skin flaps of my nose!!!! If that makes sense?? Should I try again or leave it? It's not feeling 100% secure and I don't like how I put it in, but I'm scared that if I keep trying to insert it I'll get an infection.
    Whats the best thing for me to do?

Go see a piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

This happen to me not long after I had my nose done - twice. The Jewellery fell out and I wasn't adept in putting back the screw it had been been pierced with. I rushed to my piercer, whom put it back in for me.

is it a fairly fresh piercing? If so and you leave it out for too long, it could close up - even within hours. Go to your piercer and even if it's closing, they may be able to use a tapper to put the jewellery back in, if it's not closed already.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Definitely see your piercer - they're there for aftercare too.

I had a similar experience with mine as it was healing - it came out in my sleep and I had a panic finding the stud and wondered how long it had been out for. I got it back in but went back to my piercer to check it out.
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.