Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swimming with 3 month old nipple piercing

Default Swimming with 3 month old nipple piercing

I had both nipples pierced in early May and unexpectedly planned a trip to Europe at the end of july into August. Piercings are fine but still healing, lymphing and crusting regularly. So my question is, can I swim in the ocean? I don't plan to sit in the ocean for hours on end more or less a dive in a dive out? It's going to be nearly impossible for me not to swim, going to be in super hot places at the beach every day lol. Should i just take the piercing out?

Or is there maybe something I can use to cover the piercings while i dip in the ocean? Or maybe rinse them off right away after? Any suggestions? I got the piercing at the worst time possible I realize that now.

ALSO - since I will be in Europe and won't have access to my piercer/doctor. What do I do if it does actually get super infected? I'm leaving in 2 and a half weeks and really just want to gather all the info I can before I go - also I'm just super paranoid.. lol thanks guys !

Hi , I swam in the med within weeks of my nipple piercing and personally I think the salt water healed it quicker . I didn't have any problems but obviously I can't guarantee you'll be the same . Hope you enjoy your trip

Should be fine but if you have any serious problems then contact your medical insurance company.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You should be ok, but if you are concerned, cover the piercings with a waterproof 'eyepatch' plaster and clean with sterile saline afterwards. You're more like to pick up an infection by swimming a public pool or sitting in a hot tub, than swimming in the ocean. Have a great time!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

It's the ultimate saline wash !

Thanks everyone! fingers crossed all goes well. i will plan to rinse off with fresh water anytime i go swimming.

Do you guys still think I should contiune to do my SSS twice a day even though I will also be swimming in the ocean? Is there such thing as over SSS'ing them?

My opinion ? If you're swimming in the ocean at least once a day that's more than enough . I slid mine to and fro a little when I was in the sea and I think it helped heal them . Just my opinion tho . Good luck

Thanks again So tonight after doing my SSS i noticed my one nipple has a small little bump near the end of the piercing - looks almost like a small pimple/boil. I have yet to go swimming lol so that hasn't done it. What do you guys think this is? Is this a normal thing? Im 2-2 and a half months out and dont think ive noticed one of these before. the piercing itself doesnt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bellada210 View Post
    Thanks again So tonight after doing my SSS i noticed my one nipple has a small little bump near the end of the piercing - looks almost like a small pimple/boil. I have yet to go swimming lol so that hasn't done it. What do you guys think this is? Is this a normal thing? Im 2-2 and a half months out and dont think ive noticed one of these before. the piercing itself doesnt hurt.
    Piercing bumps are extremely normal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast