Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I own my body.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default I own my body.

    Every time I've gotten a new piercing or had a piercing get a little bit angry, a lot of people like to say "Well that's your body telling you not to poke holes in it!" As if I don't know that my body doesn't want holes poked in it. I know that my body doesn't want me to get piercings, but my body doesn't own me. I own my body.

    The people who say these things don't seem to realize that I know what I'm doing to my body. They don't understand that I am a (mostly) responsible adult and I always know what I'm doing before I get any piercing.

    Of course my body is going to be mad at me when I poke holes in it to keep foreign objects in. But I am the person who loves and cares for the piercing until it heals so that my body can learn to accept it.

    My piercings may get angry from time to time, but I love them. And my love for my piercings is what makes it all worth it. If I didn't love my piercings, I wouldn't have them. They're my babies. I put plenty of love and care into them even after they've healed.

    And all of the piercings I currently have could still be considered babies because they're either newly healed or freshly stretched. And I plan to take them with me long into my life, and I know to do that I'm going to have to love them, and I know that my body will be mad from time to time. But all in all, I'm okay with that. Because I own (and love) my body.
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

  2. #2
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,030

    Default

    Tell them to f**k off and stop commenting on your body. If someone did that to me, they'd get a slap and dropped out of my life.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  3. #3

    Default

    It's mostly family. Although I also have a few awesome pierced family members. Just don't like when people assume I don't know what I'm doing
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

  4. #4
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,030

    Default

    I'd still tell them to FO but that's just me. I deserve respect, doesn't matter if you're related to me or not.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  5. #5

    Default

    I agree. Respect is important. I get called a cow/bull all the time just by random strangers out in public. People seem to have no limits for their disrespect. (I usually have some form of witty comeback, which usually shuts them up pretty quickly)
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

  6. #6
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,030

    Default

    Wow, I'm glad I don't live where you live, if it was all the time I'd probably end up losing my sh*t at some point. I do get people staring at me quite often especially in summer but people are usually pretty polite. Except those who touch me without asking, I hate that and usually very loudly tell them to get their hands off me, they usually shrink back at that point.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  7. #7

    Default

    Where I live at the moment is full of very close-minded people who don't know how to shut their mouths. And I have never had the touching thing happen to me but I've seen it. Once I was with a friend who has her ears stretched out to 25mm and someone came up to her and tried to put their finger inside her earlobe. And she told me that isn't the only time that's happened to her. I don't mind stares, but god help anyone who tries to touch me
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

  8. #8
    Awesome Admin Boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    33,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBlack View Post
    Where I live at the moment is full of very close-minded people who don't know how to shut their mouths. And I have never had the touching thing happen to me but I've seen it. Once I was with a friend who has her ears stretched out to 25mm and someone came up to her and tried to put their finger inside her earlobe. And she told me that isn't the only time that's happened to her. I don't mind stares, but god help anyone who tries to touch me
    I've not had that but I'm heavily tattooed, people get very loudly told off and usually go off in a huff or turn bright red as everyone looks at them. People start to comment as well "I like that one but I don't like this one, blah blah" to which I usually tell them to get fu**ed as I didn't ask for their opinion.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<



  9. #9
    Junior Member CharliXo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr-2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBlack View Post
    Every time I've gotten a new piercing or had a piercing get a little bit angry, a lot of people like to say "Well that's your body telling you not to poke holes in it!" As if I don't know that my body doesn't want holes poked in it. I know that my body doesn't want me to get piercings, but my body doesn't own me. I own my body.


    The people who say these things don't seem to realize that I know what I'm doing to my body. They don't understand that I am a (mostly) responsible adult and I always know what I'm doing before I get any piercing.


    Of course my body is going to be mad at me when I poke holes in it to keep foreign objects in. But I am the person who loves and cares for the piercing until it heals so that my body can learn to accept it.


    My piercings may get angry from time to time, but I love them. And my love for my piercings is what makes it all worth it. If I didn't love my piercings, I wouldn't have them. They're my babies. I put plenty of love and care into them even after they've healed.


    And all of the piercings I currently have could still be considered babies because they're either newly healed or freshly stretched. And I plan to take them with me long into my life, and I know to do that I'm going to have to love them, and I know that my body will be mad from time to time. But all in all, I'm okay with that. Because I own (and love) my body.




    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Tell them to f**k off and stop commenting on your body. If someone did that to me, they'd get a slap and dropped out of my life.

    Can i just say, i love you both aha.

    I'm lucky enough that i haven't got that much negativity unless you count, you guessed it, parents. They weren't that bad, not at all compared to some i've seen. When i got my nose/nostril pierced or said i wanted it my mum basically said no and tried to talk me out of it but my dad is a bit more open minded and talked her into it. I've been rocking it for 8 years now and my dad has even confessed he wasn't sure about it to begin with but he now believes and agrees with me that it suits me well. I think even after a while my mum said it was pretty.

    Either way you're 100% right. You know your body better than anyone else, try not to let their venom get to you.
    Current Piercings:
    First lobes - Done between the ages 7 and 9.
    Second lobes - Done 5.05.18.
    Third lobes - Done 29.03.17.
    Fourth lobes - Done 06.03.18.
    Helix (left ear) - Done 13.05.17.
    Nostril Piercing (left only) - Done 16.04.12.
    Tongue - Done 11.04.19

    Piercing Plans:
    Triple forward helix < still working on this idea.
    Naval - possibly in the future.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jools1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2017
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Well said. You're an adult, it's your body, it's not illegal and not hurting anyone. If they don't like it, then that's their problem.

    I don't get criticism (or I don't notice it!), but have had silly things said: 'If you sneeze, will your nose piercing shoot out?' Or 'Don't go near a magnet with those piercings', or 'Don't you feel lobbed sided with more piercings in one ear?'

    I just laugh at what they say and don't care what they think. I just say that I like to adorn my body.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

    Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

    Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •