Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I own my body.

Default I own my body.

Every time I've gotten a new piercing or had a piercing get a little bit angry, a lot of people like to say "Well that's your body telling you not to poke holes in it!" As if I don't know that my body doesn't want holes poked in it. I know that my body doesn't want me to get piercings, but my body doesn't own me. I own my body.

The people who say these things don't seem to realize that I know what I'm doing to my body. They don't understand that I am a (mostly) responsible adult and I always know what I'm doing before I get any piercing.

Of course my body is going to be mad at me when I poke holes in it to keep foreign objects in. But I am the person who loves and cares for the piercing until it heals so that my body can learn to accept it.

My piercings may get angry from time to time, but I love them. And my love for my piercings is what makes it all worth it. If I didn't love my piercings, I wouldn't have them. They're my babies. I put plenty of love and care into them even after they've healed.

And all of the piercings I currently have could still be considered babies because they're either newly healed or freshly stretched. And I plan to take them with me long into my life, and I know to do that I'm going to have to love them, and I know that my body will be mad from time to time. But all in all, I'm okay with that. Because I own (and love) my body.
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

Tell them to f**k off and stop commenting on your body. If someone did that to me, they'd get a slap and dropped out of my life.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's mostly family. Although I also have a few awesome pierced family members. Just don't like when people assume I don't know what I'm doing
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

I'd still tell them to FO but that's just me. I deserve respect, doesn't matter if you're related to me or not.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree. Respect is important. I get called a cow/bull all the time just by random strangers out in public. People seem to have no limits for their disrespect. (I usually have some form of witty comeback, which usually shuts them up pretty quickly)
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    ○○○
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

Wow, I'm glad I don't live where you live, if it was all the time I'd probably end up losing my sh*t at some point. I do get people staring at me quite often especially in summer but people are usually pretty polite. Except those who touch me without asking, I hate that and usually very loudly tell them to get their hands off me, they usually shrink back at that point.

Where I live at the moment is full of very close-minded people who don't know how to shut their mouths. And I have never had the touching thing happen to me but I've seen it. Once I was with a friend who has her ears stretched out to 25mm and someone came up to her and tried to put their finger inside her earlobe. And she told me that isn't the only time that's happened to her. I don't mind stares, but god help anyone who tries to touch me
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    ○○○
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

Well said. You're an adult, it's your body, it's not illegal and not hurting anyone. If they don't like it, then that's their problem.

I don't get criticism (or I don't notice it!), but have had silly things said: 'If you sneeze, will your nose piercing shoot out?' Or 'Don't go near a magnet with those piercings', or 'Don't you feel lobbed sided with more piercings in one ear?'

I just laugh at what they say and don't care what they think. I just say that I like to adorn my body.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Take no notice and get and keep the piercings you want. Nobody has a right to comment or judge you. My mum was always the worst despite her having 3 daughters all into piercings. I really remember her saying she wondered what she'd done wrong as a parent when we all got our noses pierced. We just laughed at her tbh and all still have our nose rings in. Might have been cruel but it was our bodies, nobody else's. I don't like bras and don't overly hide my nipple rings all the time so she knows I've got them. She just said she didn't understand why I'd do that to myself and left it at that. Not been mentioned again.

I've always focused on the people who've paid me compliments on my piercings especially my nose. Guys in particular seem to like it! If people don't like my piercings then it's their issue to deal with.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBlack View Post
    Where I live at the moment is full of very close-minded people who don't know how to shut their mouths. And I have never had the touching thing happen to me but I've seen it. Once I was with a friend who has her ears stretched out to 25mm and someone came up to her and tried to put their finger inside her earlobe. And she told me that isn't the only time that's happened to her. I don't mind stares, but god help anyone who tries to touch me
    I've not had that but I'm heavily tattooed, people get very loudly told off and usually go off in a huff or turn bright red as everyone looks at them. People start to comment as well "I like that one but I don't like this one, blah blah" to which I usually tell them to get fu**ed as I didn't ask for their opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast