Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 month old Angel kiss piercing rejecting?

Default 5 month old Angel kiss piercing rejecting?

i got my anti eyebrow piercing 5 almost 6 months ago and it's not itchy or painful but it's red and leaks clear fluid
    can post a picture if needed
    its pierced with a curved barbell which I heard is not good jewelry for surface piercings but the pierciers where I live say that's not a thing
    help please lol Idk if I should just take it out or what

It's been pierced with incorrect jewellery. As it is a surface piercing it should have been done with a surface bar. Best to take it out now before it causes more damage and leaves you with scarring.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you for the response, could I just change the jewelry? I paid 40 for this piercing and I'd just like to try to see if I can fix it lol cause I hate wasting money but I totally get if that's not recommended or just pointless

Hazel is correct. (we should have a name & shame thread on here!)

You will probably find it difficult to put in a surface piercing yourself so might need to pay a piercer who you might as well pay to repierce it properly.
    Even then, a good piercer will try to get the holes perpendicular to the skin surface to minimise the chance of rejection, I'm guessing yours will be at an angle to the skin surface and not likely to work.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    (we should have a name & shame thread on here!)
    Too many legal implications to be worth it sadly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd have so many "professionals" to shame it's not even funny
    I took it out but I'm nervous because I don't know if it's infected and I don't want it to close up with an infection if that makes sense lol
    thanks so much for the advice. This will hopefully be the last time I'm bothering y'all

It will be fine I'm sure. An infection would be extremely painful with a deep aching/throbbing sensation, swollen, very red, hot to the touch, oozing smelly pus and/or bleeding, you'd also have a general feeling of being unwell.

If you get some or all of those symptoms then by all means see a medical professional. Infections in piercings, even ones you have taken out are very rare.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I'm confused. Google says that an "angel kiss" piercing is a vertical labret (never heard that name for it before)- those are done with surface (staple) bars too? I thought they were done with curved barbells :O
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    I'm confused. Google says that an "angel kiss" piercing is a vertical labret (never heard that name for it before)- those are done with surface (staple) bars too? I thought they were done with curved barbells :O
    Yeah that's the problem with those ridiculous made up names. There's 100s of them and some apply to different piercings, some piercings have several different names meaning the same thing, some people use different terms to others etc because none of them refer to an anatomical location. I feel sorry for piercers having to put up with them haha!

I just went off the description of an anti-eyebrow/surface piercing in the post. Although "anti-eyebrow" is also a bit silly it kinda gives a vague location I suppose lol!

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Yeah that's the problem with those ridiculous made up names. There's 100s of them and some apply to different piercings, some piercings have several different names meaning the same thing, some people use different terms to others etc because none of them refer to an anatomical location. I feel sorry for piercers having to put up with them haha!

I just went off the description of an anti-eyebrow/surface piercing in the post. Although "anti-eyebrow" is also a bit silly it kinda gives a vague location I suppose lol!
    Man, I've been in the body mod community for years now. I may not have that much done myself, but I've researched plenty, and these names are like the gift that keeps on giving when no one wants it to!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast