Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverse PA Stretching

Question Reverse PA Stretching

I have an RPA which I have had for about 2 years now & have decided to upsize it, my piercer originally only put in a small diameter CBR. I found this to be uncomfortable & as soon as the piercing healed I changed it out for a curved barbell, much more comfortable !

I did manage to go up a size from 1.6mm (14g) to 2mm (12g) but can't get anything bigger in place !

Any advice on how I could start to upsize would be most appreciated ?

I would like to go up to 5mm (4g) eventually !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 01-26-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID, Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR , Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

So I see I have had several views on this post but no replies offering advice as such, so I decided to take things into my own hands so to speak !

Since my initial post I had managed to slowly go from a 2mm (12g) curved barbell to a 3mm (8g) curved barbell, but had then not been able to get any larger jewelry fitted in place.

So with the 3mm (8g) curved barbell having been in for some time I felt it was time to try going up to 4mm (6g) & as I would eventually like to go up to 5mm (4g) or maybe 6mm (2g), I have decided to do this in 1mm steps. I gave it some thought & decided the way to go was to make my own taper that would screw into the end of the barbell, so I got a couple of the balls & measured the threads on them. They both measured around 1.8mm each but were a bit of a loose fit in the thread, so I figured out they were an M2 X 0.4mm thread.

I went out to my workshop & turned up a taper that started with a shallow taper with a rounded tip & ended up with a 4mm diameter base, I then reversed it in the chuck on the lathe & machined a 2mm thread into the rear of the taper. I then fitted a piece of stainless steel studding into the newly cut thread, I trimmed it to length with a junior hacksaw then cleaned up the end of the thread on the lathe. I then removed it from the chuck & sterilized it before test fitting it to the 4mm (6g) curved barbell, I was very pleased as it fitted perfectly.

So I removed the 3mm (8g) curved barbell that was already in my RPA, I lubed up the 4mm (6g) curved barbell & taper combination. It fitted in with a gentle push, I then unscrewed the taper & screwed the 2nd ball onto the barbell !

Job Done !

When I have the time I will machine up a couple more, one for a 5mm (4g) barbell & another for the 6mm (2g) barbell !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 01-26-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID, Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR , Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Excellent piece of home engineering. Well done sir.

Thank you good Sir !

I have now placed an order for some 5 & 6mm surgical steel so I can machine up the next 2 sizes of stretching taper, these will then be prepared in advance of the next 2 planned stretch increments !

What I find amazing though is that the 4mm (6g) curved barbell seems to be a loose fit already ? It's only just been in place a little over 3 days, although I will wait a while before moving onto the 5mm (4g) curved barbell !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 01-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Isn't the human body an amazing thing ? I have just worked out the size difference involved in upsizing from a 3mm (8g) dia CBB to a 4mm (6g) CBB, the 3mm (8g) one has a dia of 3 x Pi = (3 x 3.14 = 9.42mm) so it follows that 4 x Pi = (4 x 3.14 = 12.56mm) an increase in circumference of 3.14mm, do you see a pattern forming ?

However everytime you upsize a piercing by 1mm the hole has to stretch/increase in size by another 3.14mm, no wonder its not easy to get the new jewelry in place !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 03-02-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Well my surgical steel arrived today !

More workshop time required to machine the 5 & 6mm threaded taper stretchers !

So this evening I decided to go out into the workshop & turn up the 5mm stretcher, I decided on a 3 degree taper which should give a nice shallow sliding fit. Using the same method as before when I made the 4mm stretcher that worked so well, so my next dilemma is how long do I wait before trying it out ?

Having had a previously unuccesful attempt at upsizing from a 4mm (6g) curved barbell to a 5mm (4g) curved barbell using the taper I made in my home workshop I thought today might be worth another try, so after screwing the taper onto the new 5mm (4g) barbell & lubing it up it was time for another go !

With everything prepped up I removed the 4mm (6g) barbell & inserted the taper, with a little bit of gentle twisting and pushing I managed to get the taper through ! A little more effort saw the barbell follow it through, so I was able to unscrew the taper and replace it with the 8mm ball.

I now have my 5mm (4g) curved barbell in place, I have been waiting a while for this now I'm so pleased to have got to this point !

My next step will be to get back out into the workshop & machine up a 6mm taper, I'm in no hurry to get the 6mm (2g) curved barbell in place. I can wait, but when I'm ready I will have everything I need to hand !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 01-26-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Once again I'm amazed as after only 3 days again the new 4g curved barbell is a loose sliding fit !

So using Pi (3.14) going up a size by an extra mm again means the hole has had to stretch by 3.14mm on its circumference, no wonder it's a job to get a larger sized piece of jewelry in place !

Of course I will be waiting a few months before going up to a 6mm 2g curved barbell, that was my original goal but might think about going to an 8mm 0g yet ?
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 03-02-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast