Thread: Pain in long-healed PA

Default Pain in long-healed PA

Hi all

I had my PA done must be over 10 years ago. It was pierced at Modern Body Art in Birmingham. I'm uncircumcised and the piercing was done to one side of my frenulum. Over the first few years of having it I gradually stretched to 6mm and never had any problems with it. Then a couple of years ago I stretched to 7mm and then 8mm. I never attempted (nor do I want) to go bigger than that.

Every so often the 8mm jewellery would start to cause some discomfort, especially when waking up possibly due to erections in the night causing the jewellery to become twisted for extended periods under the covers or inside my underwear. This was never really a problem, I just down-sized to 7mm for a few weeks until it settled down and then back up to 8mm.

Now, several weeks ago I was making the bed without any clothes on and as I flapped the duvet it somehow caught my jewellery and yanked it. It was extremely painful and bled profusely. I immediately downsized to 6mm, but it was still painful so I further downsized to 5mm. It settled well after this, stopped bleeding, and there does not seem to be any tearing or permanent damage. However, I am still experiencing pain similar to what I got at 8mm. It's a dull ache like a bruise, and/or soreness like a graze. The pain is not constant, but seems to be associated with erections (as before when I wake up) or the jewellery moving too much.

The hole hasn't closed very much - the 5mm is very loose in the hole. I did wonder whether this was actually part of the problem and that the ring wobbling inside the hole was causing an issue, so I put a 6mm ring in last night, but it was extremely painful and actually swelled up quite a bit so I dropped back down to 5mm.

I have some small scar tissue around the piercing hole but the pain is not in that tissue itself.

Any advice would be really gratefully received.
    Left lobe: Two 2.4mm x 10mm BCRs
    PA: 8mm x 14mm horseshoe
    Lorum: 4mm horseshoe (now retired )
    Guiche: 1.6mm
    Septum: 2.4mm x 10mm horseshoe
    Left nipple: 1.6mm barbell (now retired )
    Right nipple: 4mm horseshoe

Left upper arm: Large black tribal currently being lasered off!
    Right arm: full Nintendo sleeve - done!

Go see your piercer who can assess you in person. They may spot something you haven't. They may also suggest a change in jewellery.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks Hazel. I've actually switched to a CBB which is not only 5mm but also smaller in diameter and things are settling down very nicely. I'll give it a couple of months before trying to go back to the original diameter I was wearing at 5mm and re-evaluate from there. If I'm still not getting anywhere at that point I'll get it looked at.
    Left lobe: Two 2.4mm x 10mm BCRs
    PA: 8mm x 14mm horseshoe
    Lorum: 4mm horseshoe (now retired )
    Guiche: 1.6mm
    Septum: 2.4mm x 10mm horseshoe
    Left nipple: 1.6mm barbell (now retired )
    Right nipple: 4mm horseshoe

Left upper arm: Large black tribal currently being lasered off!
    Right arm: full Nintendo sleeve - done!