Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bump not going away after a year and 3 months!!

It looks like a possible granuloma but it's hard to tell. A granuloma is usually a bit like a "meaty" lump that's prone to bleeding. They're best dealt with by drying them out. But I won't go into it more unless that's what it really is. I personally don't see the use in collodial silver but I know some like to use it (and have success with it) despite it never really being scientifically proven to do much other than be a basic, mild antiseptic. Don't use it too often or let it sit on the skin for long periods as it can cause staining with prolonged use.

I had a nostril piercing like this once and it started after getting very irritated after getting knocked and me not being able to clean it properly the same evening. I tried for months on end to solve it but retired it eventually. A repierce was done some months after and it healed up fine. I don't know if it would have got better but it drove me insane so I got rid.

Did Q not put better jewellery in it for you?
    Last edited by Boo; 06-03-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'll try and dry it out with sea salt again but a smaller amount of salt.
    Nah I didnt get different jewellery put in as we were both worried it'd make it worse. He said it was just a serious case of overhealing due to being taken out a lot and often being knocked.

Did you take it out when having your bump? If so, did the bump go down? I'm worried it's infected inside the skin of the nose, not sure if this makes a difference though.

If you want to dry it out with sea salt then you'll have to make the mix hypertonic which means adding more salt, not less.

Yeah bump went within days. I doubt you have an infection, they're usually very painful and smell bad so you'd be able to smell it if it was on the inside of your nostril.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Have you tried tea tree oil? I had a MASSIVE angry looking purple/red bump to the point my jewellery was sticking half way out my nose it was soooooo big! I tried sss to aspirin paste to even just leaving it alone for days and nothing changed.

I read loads about about tea tree oil, negative and positives. I was anxious about it because I knew people on here were so against it but my bump was sooo bad I was willing to try.

I got a 10ml bottle from the chemist for 1.79 2 weeks ago., I put around 10-20ml of water into a cup, 4-5 drops of the oil in and mixed it around, used a cotton bud to dunk and applied on the bump anywhere and everywhere I could. I did this once a day before bed time so it could take effect over night and then during the day I would stick my nose under the shower to clean and spray any crust off that had formed.

2 weeks on and my bump is practically gone!

Im still doing this routine for now and leaving it on over night and waking up I still find a little pus crusted up around the piercing which is GOOD because the oil is dehydrating the bump. Sometimes the next morning getting a clean needle and finding a loose part of skin actually helped peel away a layer of dry skin which made the bump get smaller and smaller (dead skin) and it doesn't hurt.

May sound gross and weird to some people but believe me the TTO has 100% worked for me and I wish I had bought it months ago!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12