Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bump not going away after a year and 3 months!!

Default Bump not going away after a year and 3 months!!

Hi guys! Ok this is a LONG story but I'm gonna make it as short as I can and I'd really like some advice.

Got my nose pierced February 2016 by a piercer who said "you can take it out after 6 weeks and get a ring" and didn't advise me to do any sea salt soaks or anything. After 7 weeks i took it out, it bled everywhere, got it immediately repierced with a similar stud.

Left the stud in for a few months but i was very impatient and wanted a ring. in June 2016 i got a ring which was too thick for my nose and created a pus filled bump!! got it changed for another stud in July, which was too long for my nose but i just wanted it to heal. the bump kept coming up despite cleaning it everyday and doing SSS.

By this time i thought it was an allergic reaction to the jewellery, so in January this year i got a 14k white gold 22g ring and got it put in by a piercer (i couldnt do it myself which probably means it hadnt healed) but this is what made the bump so much worse. it was fine for the first week, but for months the bump was huge and pus-filled. I treated it with SSS every day, chamomile sometimes, aspirin once (which made it worse)

ONCE AGAIN (its a very repetitive story) i got it changed for a surgical/hypoallergenic plastic stud last month by a really good, helpful piercer who thought the white gold might've been too strong for my nose or that bacteria was spreading easily bc it was a ring. The bump went, and there was just a scar for a week. however IT HAS RETURNED!!!, it isn't pus filled as far as i know, and its hidden slightly by the stud. but a liquid/crust is sometimes around the stud which i clean off. the bump seems to increase in size whenever i attempt SSS or cleaning (which i usually do twice a day). it seems like if i leave it the bump goes down? but then it starts looking dirty so i have to clean it! it always looks red and due to the Sea salt soaks my nose is always so dry and often itchy its horrible

I'm just so sick of this bump now and i dont know if i should just remove it or wait? should i stop doing SSS? Other people i know seem to have no problems with their piercings. i also can't wash my face properly because of the risk of getting any soaps into my piercing or hitting it. i have always avoided hitting it or catching it as much as i can. i also know that it was silly of me to have changed the piercing so often, but i initially took the piercers advice of being able to change it and i always thought it was a jewlery problem.

Sorry for the really long story im just getting so annoyed by it now haha :(

It sounds to me that this piercing has never once had a chance to heal and has been undergoing constant trauma especially with it being ripped open with larger gauge jewellery etc.

Where do you live? You need to see an extremely good professional who isn't going to fit you with cheeswire jewellery or make up nonsense about the strength of materials or bacteria or put crappy plastic in there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry for the late reply...

I live in Southampton, UK. I looked at the UK APP but the guy on the list nearest to me no longer lives there. :-/ is there anything I should do in the mean time? I'm tempted to take it out but I feel that wouldn't end well.

Is this surgical plastic not good at all? There is no pus anymore its just a raised/red area where the stud is, sometimes crusty around the piercing. It looks better some days than others. Im not sure whether I should get it changed again because I'm worried it'll do more damage?

I also feel like part of the redness is a scar :(
    Last edited by hanzoku; 05-24-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzoku View Post
    Hi guys! Ok this is a LONG story but I'm gonna make it as short as I can and I'd really like some advice.

Got my nose pierced February 2016 by a piercer who said "you can take it out after 6 weeks and get a ring" and didn't advise me to do any sea salt soaks or anything. After 7 weeks i took it out, it bled everywhere, got it immediately repierced with a similar stud.

Left the stud in for a few months but i was very impatient and wanted a ring. in June 2016 i got a ring which was too thick for my nose and created a pus filled bump!! got it changed for another stud in July, which was too long for my nose but i just wanted it to heal. the bump kept coming up despite cleaning it everyday and doing SSS.

By this time i thought it was an allergic reaction to the jewellery, so in January this year i got a 14k white gold 22g ring and got it put in by a piercer (i couldnt do it myself which probably means it hadnt healed) but this is what made the bump so much worse. it was fine for the first week, but for months the bump was huge and pus-filled. I treated it with SSS every day, chamomile sometimes, aspirin once (which made it worse)

ONCE AGAIN (its a very repetitive story) i got it changed for a surgical/hypoallergenic plastic stud last month by a really good, helpful piercer who thought the white gold might've been too strong for my nose or that bacteria was spreading easily bc it was a ring. The bump went, and there was just a scar for a week. however IT HAS RETURNED!!!, it isn't pus filled as far as i know, and its hidden slightly by the stud. but a liquid/crust is sometimes around the stud which i clean off. the bump seems to increase in size whenever i attempt SSS or cleaning (which i usually do twice a day). it seems like if i leave it the bump goes down? but then it starts looking dirty so i have to clean it! it always looks red and due to the Sea salt soaks my nose is always so dry and often itchy its horrible

I'm just so sick of this bump now and i dont know if i should just remove it or wait? should i stop doing SSS? Other people i know seem to have no problems with their piercings. i also can't wash my face properly because of the risk of getting any soaps into my piercing or hitting it. i have always avoided hitting it or catching it as much as i can. i also know that it was silly of me to have changed the piercing so often, but i initially took the piercers advice of being able to change it and i always thought it was a jewlery problem.

Sorry for the really long story im just getting so annoyed by it now haha :(
    Try leaving it alone. Rinse in the shower or buy a saline solution, put a few drops on a q-tip and just gently whip all the dirt and crustiest away.

I know how annoying a bump can be and honestly mine went away once I changed to a ring and only cleaned once a day. I agree that that much changing has hindered healing. Give it time and let it be but don't leave it dirty.

Good luck
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Sorry for the late reply...

I live in Southampton, UK. I looked at the UK APP but the guy on the list nearest to me no longer lives there. :-/ is there anything I should do in the mean time? I'm tempted to take it out but I feel that wouldn't end well.

Is this surgical plastic not good at all? There is no pus anymore its just a raised/red area where the stud is, sometimes crusty around the piercing. It looks better some days than others. Im not sure whether I should get it changed again because I'm worried it'll do more damage?

I also feel like part of the redness is a scar :(
    That's odd, the UKAPP is really new and shouldn't have people on there that have moved! I've looked on the site but can't see anyone near you.

I'd suggest if you can travel then Quentin at Kalima in Worthing is a good idea.

If not then start to look at piercers in your area and see if you can find someone good!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Worthing is quite far/expensive to get to without a car. Is there anything I should do in the meanwhile? I could post a pic of the issue?

Worthing is quite far/expensive to get to without a car. Is there anything I should do in the meanwhile? I could post a pic of the issue?
    You can but I suggest going to see a piercer. Have a look for people in your area and if you want us to check them out then you can post on the Recommended Piercers thread with their profile etc. It's best to find someone close to you who is good anyway.

Thank you! I've looked but no one in Southampton yet. Hopefully will go to Worthing soon! How would you recommend anyone at Guru piercing In Brighton ? They're on the ukapp website x

Thank you! I've looked but no one in Southampton yet. Hopefully will go to Worthing soon! How would you recommend anyone at Guru piercing In Brighton ? They're on the ukapp website x
    If they're on the UKAPP site then you'll have no problem with them.

Hi again
    On thursday i managed to go and see Quentin at Kalima, who looked at and told me to keep going with the sea salt soaks in hot water, but told me to purchase colloidal silver liquid, which im waiting for to be delivered. On friday night, typically, the bump looked more pus-filled than the day before, so this morning (saturday) i did a hot SSS again. I thought it might've been too strong so i got in the shower. now the pus looks less prominent but the bump is bigger and there is like, purple blood inside it which is very noticeable? i've never had this before i dont think? it feels a bit sore from the salt possibly. (Sorry the picture is so big and gross)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast