Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From nothing to nipples!

Stockton-on-Tees / Bristol / Letchworth GC

Red face From nothing to nipples!

Hey all

So this forum was immensely helpful / reassuring / informative for me over the last month or so researching nipple piercings to help me make my decision, and because everyone seems to be different I thought I'd add another diary to the pile as they were so so helpful for me.

I first thought about getting these done as one of those "flying fancy" sort of thoughts about a month ago... I had my earlobes done like almost every girl I ever knew when I was about 10, at Claires (oh god). I don't really remember much about it being younger, and had had absolutely nothing else since. However, my SO and I like to explore and be creative "in the bedroom" as it were, and some clip-on nipple rings from LH really got me thinking... So I started researching.

I was initially worried about the horror stories you hear + about issues such as future breastfeeding - kids are definitely in my future and I didn't want to make a decision now that would affect me in the future and make me sad. But having looked around, the consensus was that if it's a good quality piercer and you look after it well, it will be totally fine (although might need removing at the time). So I decided to go for it! Picking a time to do it that fitted with life was tricky - I don't really want to tell my parents about it at the moment, so wanted to do it while I was at uni. Also preferably when I wasn't going to see my SO for a while as the no hands / mouths for a while rule is just easier if he's not around! I wavered a little with having to wait - I'm not good with needles and the whole idea seemed a little crazy.

But, I decided to go. So on Tuesday I got my flatmate to drive me to the piercers (I went to Blue Banana Bristol). I hadn't realised their policy necessitated a chaperone, which can be someone you bring or a member of staff, so my poor friend got thrown in the deep end and agreed to come in with me although we hadn't discussed this at all - thank god we're close. Signed all the paperwork, was amazed that having a nut allergy actually changed things (their tea tree oil usually in aftercare kits has nut oil in), and laughed about the fact that I'd only had ears done and jumped straight to nipples. The lady who pierced me was friendly and approachable as well as being clearly professional, which is a really tricky balance to hit, and that really helped.

I hardly had to wait (deliberately went early morning for this reason as it's walk-in not appointments) and went right in. The weirdness of stripping my top off quickly wore off, and I was marked up, cleaned off and then laid down ready.

For anyone who isn't good with needles - DO NOT LOOK AT IT. Thinking about how big the bar is, and that the needles are hollow to fit around them, I should have realised that it would be huge - but even so it freaked me a bit. Luckily I didn't have much time to panic, the piercer had explained that she would ask me to breathe in then sharply breathe out, and as I breathed out she would pierce. She did the first and left the needle in to quickly do the second, then put both piercings in afterwards. This really worked for me - I think if I'd had more time to think about how much the first one hurt while she put the bar in I might have freaked about the second - and I could NOT have coped with having one and not matching, just nope. Pain-wise I think I'd say about an 8/10 but then I'm a bit of a wimp - but this was only for the instant of the piercing, and a bit of pinching when the bar was put in.

There were a few drops of blood leaking but that makes a lot of sense, and she gently dabbed these away to let me have a look. Another tip if you're not good with needles - stay laid / sat down a while. I sat up on the bed thinking I was fine, had a few sips of water but got a little woozy and had to lie down for a few more minutes. After that though I was fine.
    She put little dressings over them and said to leave them on til the evening, and recommended wearing them overnight for a few nights just to keep things in place / minimise movement and catching. Was given all the info about SSS and cleaning and aftercare, and I left with a big smile on my face. Having nearly not gone through with it, the first time seeing them in the mirror I was so glad I did (my flatmate admitted after she thought they would look awful but kept quiet - and actually once she saw them the first words out of her mouth were "awwww, they're so cute!"
    I had worn a sports bra based on my research and was greatful for the support and limited movement. I also took ibuprofen just before the piercing (which she recommended after so score 1 to my research!).
    Immediately after the piercing, I would say the sensation was something like the ache after you jam your thumb in a door. After about a half hour it kicked up a notch (Assuming the adrenaline wore off) but after about 2 hours there was only a slight ache, and since then they've not really hurt /ached much at all.

Day 1: They had bled a little under the dressings but I expected that, put new dressings on overnight.

Day 2: Again a little crusty blood around the edges, but nothing that a SSS didn't quickly fix. Left them to breathe during the day, tiny bit more crusty blood but fine with a nice padded crop top style bra. Put dressings on again overnight as I wanted to live religiously by the advice I was given.

Day 3: Lefty had bled a little more this morning, am assuming I rolled onto it / caught it as Righty had barely anything at all, yay!

That's as far as I've got - will keep posting as time goes on!

If anyone else's bled for a few days - when did they stop / when should I be worried? I know everyone's are different and can imagine its basically pot luck if you have a vein there that gets hit or not, and since they're not sore or particularly swollen I'm sure they're fine... But I really want these to work out well!

Pierced with teflon coated titanium straight barbells, actually not sure what the length or gauge is... Should probably try to find that out!
    Curious Newbie

Piercings: 2 x earlobe (done when I was too young to remember)
    2 x nipples (25/04/17)

Keep a very close eye on them and any sign of problems go to a reputable piercer. BB aren't reputable and you'll see most mention of them on here is a suggestion not to go to them. I'm also very concerned about "teflon coated titanium" as I've never heard of this. All I do know is BB often use poor quality jewellery. The bleeding can go on for a few days. Just make sure they're through the base of the nipple and do not go through your areola as that is a common mistake by poor piercers. I don't mean to be negative, I just worry when people get sucked in to going to BB as very often their piercings are botched. I hope it's not the case with yours though!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think they seem OK, and that's a real bummer as I thought I'd done OK picking somewhere that's a well known brand. It all seemed perfectly sterilised all autoclaved as you'd want (I do veterinary at uni so I'm good at spotting "not sterile") and it was a good experience.. I *think* they are in the right place. As far as I was told its just a sterile coating on top of the titanium (another name for PTFE i think?) which is designed to make them a little slippier / reduce them sticking and encourage healing.

If anyone is really clued up on where they should be, I would be more than happy to private message a photo to check as I'm slightly concerned now - but appreciate your honesty.

EDIT: more than slightly concerned, I really want these to work out and now I feel really stupid that I thought I'd researched properly and clearly haven't, I go home in a week so will have parents around for 4 weeks and will struggle to get somewhere to get anything checked without them knowing. I have no car here at the moment so getting anywhere here is difficult too.
    Last edited by Kimbleshanks; 04-27-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Curious Newbie

2 x nipples (25/04/17)

Welcome to the pierced nipple club!It seems you've had a good experience, though I agree with Hazel, that BB is not recommended for piercings. I had my left nipple repierced 3 weeks ago at a piercing studio right at the base and had a bit of bleeding. The next day I had little crusties in my bra, but that only last for a couple of days. I've had no other bleeding. The only problem I've had is that I needed a longer bar with larger balls, as I swelled up more than expected. The pain and discomfort goes away after a few days and is only sore when it gets bumped. The only maintenance I've done is spray saline onto the piercing, because SSS it's falling out of favour with professionals.

PTFE is a Tefon substance that's mostly used if you're going to have an X-ray, breastfeeding, etc, but can be used for initial piercings, though I've never had it. https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/bo...ody-jewellery/

Just keep an eye on your new piercings for signs of infection, if you feel the balls are being 'sucked' into your nipples, you need a longer bar. Usually, your jewellery is 14g. If you have any doubts or concerns, find a reputable piercing studio to have them checked.
    Last edited by Jools1969; 04-27-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Thanks! Yeah they seem totally fine so I've calmed down a lot now :P No more bleeding really so far today so that's good, and they're not really sore at all

And I phoned and checked, they are 14g and I think lengths are fine - there's 1-2mm of bar visible either side and i think i'm about as swollen as I'll be. The lady told me I would probably need to get a shorter bar maybe after 3months when they have healed enough to change so there's less hanging out but it will depend.
    Curious Newbie

2 x nipples (25/04/17)

I know what teflon is but I have never in my life heard of it being used as a coating for titanium, I just find it utterly bizarre. Are you sure she wasn't referring to the needle? Like a cannula needle? I'm so confused!

Feel free to send me a photo if you would like.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm pretty sure it's a coating over the titanium, but I could have misheard I suppose. Thanks!

Update Day 4: Didn't sleep so well tonight (not due to piercings just other stresses) and a little tender with some crusty blood when I woke - think I wriggled too much / rolled onto them in the night, damnit. Once cleaned up feel fine.
    Curious Newbie

2 x nipples (25/04/17)

I wore a sports bra to bed for probably 2 weeks. That helped avoid me catching them and stopped me worrying about what I might do to them in my sleep!

Mine healed really quickly in the second week in particular - hope yours do too.
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Yeah I had been doing that on both what I found out beforehand and that's what the piercer told me anyway, think I was just a bit too restless. They are much less crusty today and I will hold out for the second week with my fingers crossed haha, thanks
    Curious Newbie

2 x nipples (25/04/17)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Keep a very close eye on them and any sign of problems go to a reputable piercer. BB aren't reputable and you'll see most mention of them on here is a suggestion not to go to them. I'm also very concerned about "teflon coated titanium" as I've never heard of this. All I do know is BB often use poor quality jewellery. The bleeding can go on for a few days. Just make sure they're through the base of the nipple and do not go through your areola as that is a common mistake by poor piercers. I don't mean to be negative, I just worry when people get sucked in to going to BB as very often their piercings are botched. I hope it's not the case with yours though!

I hope mine were done right ): The piercer was reputable, but he said he had to go a little further back than normal because I have flat nipples... almost inverted. There is nothing that protrudes, normally. I got them done years ago, they healed totally fine and I've never had any issues. But I hope that they were done right haha.

>> Current <<
    16g Philtrum
    16g Septum 14g Cheeks/Dimples 16g Nostril 14g Horizontal Nipples
    14g Tongue (x2) 16g Tongue 14g Daith 14g Conch 14g Navel
    18g Earlobes (x10)

>> Retired <<
    14g Labret
    14g Vertical Labret 14g Venoms (tongue) 16g Eyebrow (x2)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast