Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From nothing to nipples!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I know what teflon is but I have never in my life heard of it being used as a coating for titanium, I just find it utterly bizarre. Are you sure she wasn't referring to the needle? Like a cannula needle? I'm so confused!

Feel free to send me a photo if you would like.

I have also never ever, ever heard of body jewelry with teflon either. That's so strange to me haha.

>> Current <<
    16g Philtrum
    16g Septum 14g Cheeks/Dimples 16g Nostril 14g Horizontal Nipples
    14g Tongue (x2) 16g Tongue 14g Daith 14g Conch 14g Navel
    18g Earlobes (x10)

>> Retired <<
    14g Labret
    14g Vertical Labret 14g Venoms (tongue) 16g Eyebrow (x2)

My nipple piercing experience was entirely positive and really easy.

I had them done a few years ago, the procedure was fairly quick, though the sensation of the piercing felt like fire to me. Unpleasant haha. Very minimal bleeding, which is rare for me. I tend to be a bleeder. They used straight barbells because they said it's the least likely to cause migration, and mine were done a little bit further back than usual, because I have very flat, almost inverted nipples.

None of the piercers anywhere I've ever gotten pierced have ever covered a piercing with anything. I've heard that breeds bacteria, and it's important to allow a piercing to be "aired out", because moist/wet/dark/covered environments are a breeding ground for bacteria.

I always wear sports bras, anyway, so I kept my routine the same.

I did the sea-salt soaks twice a day, cleaned with antibacterial soap in the shower. Never bled again after the initial piercing. Never had any swelling or pain afterwards (except for one bad experience). Really easy healing process for me.

Only bad experience was getting caught on a bird cage when leaning in to feed my mom's cockatiel. It got stuck and I didn't realize (I was in my PJs--tee and no bra), and it pulled hard on the piercing, and my nipple bled from that for a few minutes. But that was it lol.

I've had them for years without any problems or issues... love them. I never changed out the jewelry though, I left in the 1" barbells. They're longer than usual because of the placement (again, due to my anatomy). But I don't mind it at all.

>> Current <<
    16g Philtrum
    16g Septum 14g Cheeks/Dimples 16g Nostril 14g Horizontal Nipples
    14g Tongue (x2) 16g Tongue 14g Daith 14g Conch 14g Navel
    18g Earlobes (x10)

>> Retired <<
    14g Labret
    14g Vertical Labret 14g Venoms (tongue) 16g Eyebrow (x2)

I just got mine done yesterday! I'm so excited and i love them. So far so good! :-)

Congratulations to everyone that's recently had their nips pierced, hopefully things are working out for all of you.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12