Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Community

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Thumbs up This Community

(Hope this is the right section to post in? If not feel free to move it )

Just wanted to say thank you to this community and everyone in it.

I appreciate everyone's input, and through all the posts here I have learned a lot about body mods from many of you, both past and present members. To those of you who are reading this, please continue to post here! Every post is a chance for all of us to learn. Even through our mistakes, we give others a chance to learn from them and ourselves a chance to correct them through other people's experience.

Also want to say thank you for the friendships that developed with some of you <3 Here's to future friendships with others here as well!

I know activity isn't at it's highest, but I do think that's changing? Since joining it does feel like the forum has picked up a bit lately!

So, again, thank you to all of you.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

A lovely post. I've met some of my best friends on this forum and met many people through meets as well. As for activity it will vary all the time with most people lurking ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Indeed, a lovely post and fully support it.

It's very helpful to find likeminded people on here that are happy to exchange knowledge, ideas and experiences. In my 'offline' life, I have a very limited number of people with whom hold the same interests as me, when it comes to piercings and body modifications. It wasn't until I was in my 40s that I was comfortable enough to ventured into body piercings other than the first lobes, even though I always wanted them. What has helped me is reading the posts, threads, blogs, etc. which gained a better understanding of body piercings, what to look for in terms of placement and jewellery, and questions a potential piercee should ask a piercer.

I think what would be a nice addition is to have meet ups or go to tattoo and piercing conventions as a group.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

I used to arrange meets every year, you can see all the posts in the relevant section. They can be a lot of hard work to sort but are well worth it. I've just been too busy the past couple of years and about 80% of the people that came to them don't come on here any more anyway. Shame really
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, I saw that section. I think a lot of people have a lot going on in their lives and plus the great distances involved for some people to travel to these meets.

Perhaps it's something we could revive in the future? I'm willing to help if it's something members would like, though presently, I'm busy for the next couple months.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

I think a meet up would be wonderful, too bad I live so far away from most of you :(
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

I welcomed people to arrange meets for several years, nothing ever happened sadly.

We have had people travel very long distances, one even all the way from Shetland to Manchester. One was going to come from Estonia but had to cancel last minute after losing his job.

I became very good friends with a girl on here who lives in Scotland who I have travelled to see many times and I was the bridesmaid at her wedding. Same for another girl who lives in South Wales, I met up with her many times despite not having a car at the time.

We've also had 2 people from different countries get married after meeting on the forum.

My friend lives in South Africa, I met her on here and she's coming over to the UK in September to be my bridesmaid.

I've said I'd be happy to try and attend any meet in this country or in Europe depending on when/where.

7 years on and I'm still waiting for someone other than me to arrange a meet lol! I don't have the time, money, energy or health to do it this year (arrange or attend). I think I arranged 4 or 5 in the past and have met with people from here who I consider friends countless times.

It's quite amazing, the friendships one can create through a forum like this How wonderful that 2 people got married after meeting on the forum!! Wow!!

Also great to hear that your friend who lives here in South Africa is going to fly over and be your bridesmaid, Hazel

I can only imagine how time consuming it is to arrange these meets though.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

Yeah, that didn't work out sadly but it shows what can happen and that people will travel etc ^_^

What I like about this forum is how global it is. I've had email friends in other countries whom I've met on penpal sites. One was a lady from Germany, who has visited me over here with her family and I've been to stay at her house twice with my eldest son. I'm even still in touch with a penpal since 1982, a girl from Sweden and now living in London. Amazing how friendships can indeed survive across the miles!

AliceinWonderland, whereabouts are you in South Africa? I stopped over on my way to Australia nearly 20 years ago in Joburg for 5 days, and managed to visit Pretoria and the Pilanesburg national park near Sun City. I was amazed to see the wild animals in their natural habitat, where I've only seen them in zoos. Quite sad really to see them in zoos and circuses - the reason why I don't go to them anymore!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith