Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new rook!

Default My new rook!

For many weeks now, I've been wanting to get my right rook pierced and 2 days ago, I got it done by Chelsea at Adorn in Shrewsbury. It was my second visit to Adorn and the first time that Chelsea has pierced me.

Last Tuesday, when we stepped into the studio with my friend (whom also was going to be pierced), we were greeted warmly and asked to fill in the consent form. We doubled checked the jewellery that I had previously chosen to go into my rook (Anatomental heart shaped faux blue opal set in 18 carat white gold) and initialed the packet going into the autoclave. When it was my turn to go in, Chelsea took great time finding a good placement for the jewellery. She took a picture so that I could easily see where she had marked. Then asked me to lie down ready to be pierced. Chelsea talked me through each step of her preparation procedures. She told me the most important thing was not to stop breathing, but regular normal breaths. As I felt the needle going in slowly, I felt a warm feeling in that part of my ear. Because the rook has thicker cartilage and is in a tight space, it took slightly longer to be pierced than my other ear piercings. So after a couple of seconds, it started to hurt. After a few more seconds, it was pierced, ready for the jewellery; I felt a tugging, but wasn't painful. After Chelsea explained the aftercare and answered any further questions that I had, she then took me outside to take a picture, so that I could see it much better. I was probably in there for at least 30 minutes. My friend said it looked good and I told her that it hurt less than I thought (she was having a rook too!). The aftercare has been a breeze with hardly any swelling or blood. I don't usually buy high end jewellery for piercings, but since I intend to keep it in permanently, I decided to treat myself. I chose the faux blue opal, because opal is my birthstone and I love the colour blue. White gold suits me better and I tend to wear a lot of silver anyway.

I'm really pleased with my rook, how the procedure was done and would have it done again. It hurt more than my other ear piercings (tragus, outer helix and 3 lobes in each ear), probably because it took longer to be pierced and the thicker cartilage, but not the most painful piercing I've ever had overall!

Picture coming when I work out how to post it without it being supersize!
    Last edited by Jools1969; 04-13-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Yay! Sounds like a great experience. You can upload a photo to imgur.com and resize it there, once done just right click>copy image, come back here, right click in the reply box and click paste.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

The jewellery for your rook sounds gorgeous, congrats on getting it done!
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.
    Dragon eye on right hand.
    Sphynx cat on chest.

Congratulations and happy healing. Looking forward to some pictures
    Caro

After a lot of faffing about, finally managed to post it!

Sorry if it's now too small!

Last edited by Jools1969; 04-13-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Looks good!
    Caro

Tell her to post it on FB and I can post a better photo of it for you lol
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Tell her to post it on FB and I can post a better photo of it for you lol
    Thanks Hazel. It's on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwhPY3j-Rh/
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Had to screenshot it as you can't copy anything from IG:

Tis very pretty!!
    Last edited by Boo; 04-13-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks Hazel. That's the size it came up for me, too, but I was trying to get somewhere in between! Lol
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith