Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rejected/Retired Piercings

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Default Rejected/Retired Piercings

Just wondering, how many of you have ever had a piercing reject, or had to retire it?

Curious to know how common (or not) this is...

Thanks!
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    Just wondering, how many of you have ever had a piercing reject, or had to retire it?

Curious to know how common (or not) this is...

Thanks!
    Had to retire my helix due to it being pierced wrong. I tried for 6 months to get it to settle but it became more angled and I now have a bump/scar tissue. So its retired and I am using Vitamin E oil to massage the bump down and reduce the scar tissue.
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Had to retire my left nipple piercing twice. Once because it started rejecting and I decided to take it out before it would have been fully rejected. The second time was after my ex got stuck behind the bar and ripped it out for a fair amount. It started migrating further after that so I decided to once again retire it...

Will end up retiring five of my tongue piercings when I have the money to get it split. Will get two of them redone once the split is healed though (the horizontal ones in the tip of my tongue. Which will be 4 piercings in total after the split instead of 2 X3 )
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

I've had to retire several piercings, mainly due to incorrect placement. Left tragus: missed the cartilage and caught the skin close to the edge. It healed ok, but I didn't realise its placement until 2 piercers told me. Left nipple: wasn't centrally placed (same piercer who did my tragus in the same sitting). The piercer was too bothered getting them both to sit level with one another - whose anatomy is level?? Plus she used the freeze spray, making her markings run! 2nd and 3rd lobes were done too close together. They healed, but I had to have really small studs in, otherwise they were touching. Finally, my navel - twice. First time was done more like a surface piercing (too high above the navel and swallow). It healed but then afterwards began to reject. Second time was done crooked, making the the jewellery twist.

The places I went to were from recommendations, which I relied too much on, rather than my own judgement. Also, I thought I did enough research into the studio and piercings themselves; apparently I didn't do enough! Hopefully, now I'm more wiser!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Had to retire my left nipple piercing twice. Once because it started rejecting and I decided to take it out before it would have been fully rejected. The second time was after my ex got stuck behind the bar and ripped it out for a fair amount. It started migrating further after that so I decided to once again retire it...

Will end up retiring five of my tongue piercings when I have the money to get it split. Will get two of them redone once the split is healed though (the horizontal ones in the tip of my tongue. Which will be 4 piercings in total after the split instead of 2 X3 )
    You're getting a tongue split when you have the money for it? *high fives* NICE Patrick! I'm really excited for you, when the time does come to get it done. I have to admit though, I'll be sad to see your 7 tongue piercings go :(
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    The places I went to were from recommendations, which I relied too much on, rather than my own judgement. Also, I thought I did enough research into the studio and piercings themselves; apparently I didn't do enough! Hopefully, now I'm more wiser!
    One would *think* going by recommendations is the "safest" route to take - I know I would, but in reality it clearly doesn't always work out that way :(
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post
    Had to retire my helix due to it being pierced wrong. I tried for 6 months to get it to settle but it became more angled and I now have a bump/scar tissue. So its retired and I am using Vitamin E oil to massage the bump down and reduce the scar tissue.
    Here's hoping the scar tissues reduces, Ryry! :(
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

You're getting a tongue split when you have the money for it? *high fives* NICE Patrick! I'm really excited for you, when the time does come to get it done. I have to admit though, I'll be sad to see your 7 tongue piercings go :(
    Thanks x3 I'll be sad to see them gone as well but then again I really love tongue splits so they will be gone for a good cause. And I will still keep 2 of them, the "venoms". It's just the rest that temporarily need to go. And they will come back x3 I'm pretty sure I will get more tongue piercings after the split on the halves. I'm just not getting any new ones now because of the split in the future and don't know how it will end up looking. So I thought it's better to wait until after x3
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Never experienced rejection. Have retired some because of either poor placement or me just not liking them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Here's hoping the scar tissues reduces, Ryry! :(
    Its already more than half way down (the bump) not doing vit e as often as I want, I keep forgetting, but I also decided I wont get pierced in the same spot either. I feel its too risky so might do other ear or pierce higher up.
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast