Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rejected/Retired Piercings

Yes, recommendations can be a good way of finding a good studio and/or good piercer within. Although there could be several different piercers within one studio and one's experience may be different to others. Perhaps I was just lucky.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

My venoms never fully healed after 9-12 months, so I had to take them out. But that's it.

After years and years, I've decided to retire my lower navel piercing just because it's migrated to the point where I feel if it migrates anymore, it'll be too easy to rip out. And that's scary since I work in a production facility. May get it redone later on.

I had a surface piercing on my stomach that rejected after about 4 years, so far that's it!

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I had to retire my navel piercing because it had gone crooked, and also because it was slowly being rejected; but I'm pretty sure that was my fault, I should have downsized the bar long before it started to reject but I kept putting it off because I'm an idiot.

I also had to retire my right nostril piercing because I took out the stud to put a hoop in, didn't really like the hoop, but couldn't get the stud back in (it was a "screw" stud, and it was a Saturday evening, so no piercing studios open til Monday to help me)
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    I had to retire my navel piercing because it had gone crooked, and also because it was slowly being rejected; but I'm pretty sure that was my fault, I should have downsized the bar long before it started to reject but I kept putting it off because I'm an idiot.

I also had to retire my right nostril piercing because I took out the stud to put a hoop in, didn't really like the hoop, but couldn't get the stud back in (it was a "screw" stud, and it was a Saturday evening, so no piercing studios open til Monday to help me)
    That's a shame. You could always have them repierced later when they are fully healed. I've retired 2 navels for the same reasons and been told to wait at least 6 months before having it done again.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    That's a shame. You could always have them repierced later when they are fully healed. I've retired 2 navels for the same reasons and been told to wait at least 6 months before having it done again.
    Yeah, these both were more than a year ago (November 2015) I quickly got my other nostril pierced to make up for the lost one, but as for the navel... I'm still thinking about whether I'll get it repierced or not, it was very uncomfortable at first, but I loved the look, so I'm not sure. Maybe one day.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Never fully retired, mostly re pierced.

I pierced my helix myself in upper school, around 2011? I didn't do any research, just woke up one day and felt like i needed it (by the way has anyone else felt that way about a piercing?), scrubbed it clean, did it, panicked because it kept weeping for a week and I didn't know it took up to a year to heal, took it out and let it heal but i missed it so so much. There was always a hole in my cartilage, I'd rub it and just miss it lol so about 2 years ago I re pierced it near the original hole. I would like to say the same hole but i think i'm just a little bit further down from the center which is actually perfect for my moon. I'm lucky, No issues at all after the re pierce. Bit of blood but that was it.

Had to retire my second lobe piercing on the left because it was pierced in the wrong area but re pierced it a little higher. That's the only piercing i regret doing myself but the scar is easily hideable under a earring (i believe i wear 4mm not sure i haven't measured it) so i'm not that bothered.

Disclaimer: Just because things worked out semi-good for me doesn't mean you should pierce yourself i just don't personally care.
    Current Piercings:
    First lobes - Done between the ages 7 and 9.
    Second lobes - Done 5.05.18.
    Third lobes - Done 29.03.17.
    Fourth lobes - Done 06.03.18.
    Helix (left ear) - Done 13.05.17.
    Nostril Piercing (left only) - Done 16.04.12.
    Tongue - Done 11.04.19

Piercing Plans:
    Triple forward helix < still working on this idea.
    Naval - possibly in the future.

I have had to retire an eyebrow piercing. I didn't know at the time that I ripped it about a day or so after it was pierced. It started to go funny and I used way too much salt to clean it and basically killed it! Message to all - not too much salt! I thought my Daith was migrating last week but, my piercer has had another look and luckily it is not too bad. - Very glad to say!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post

The places I went to were from recommendations, which I relied too much on, rather than my own judgement. Also, I thought I did enough research into the studio and piercings themselves; apparently I didn't do enough! Hopefully, now I'm more wiser!
    Jools1969 - I have done the same. I saw a lot of excellent reviews/positive comments about a Tattoo/Piercing studio near me and took ages to do my homework etc... I then went to have two Daith Piercings from "hell" from them. Many years later people over here have said how bad the place is "in general". And if you look "elsewhere" they are still getting top reviews lol...
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast