Thread: Aftercare - 6months

Question Aftercare - 6months

So my Navel piercing is 6 months old. Could I possibly remove the bar to give it a good clean as well as the piercing holes?

I have not been able to get a new bar (mine is a bioplast and I would like to get a metal one) but want to check that everything is fine. Its not 100% healed as it still crusts every now and then but also around the holes it almost looks dry? like when your skin is dry and it makes that white flaky skin? not sure what this is or if its normal but yeah was wondering if I should rather wait or what?

TIA
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post
    So my Navel piercing is 6 months old. Could I possibly remove the bar to give it a good clean as well as the piercing holes?
    Like my sister says about my piercings, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"... I'm starting to learn how to LITHA

If I were you, I'd leave it and let it continue healing a bit longer. If it isn't giving you any problems, why take it out to clean and possibly irritate it, you know?

I had a navel piercing in my teen years, and I do think I can recall it looking dry as you described, in the early days. It's normal

I'm far from being an expert or even experienced at knowing about piercings, but this is just my feeling on it.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    Like my sister says about my piercings, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"... I'm starting to learn how to LITHA

If I were you, I'd leave it and let it continue healing a bit longer. If it isn't giving you any problems, why take it out to clean and possibly irritate it, you know?

I had a navel piercing in my teen years, and I do think I can recall it looking dry as you described, in the early days. It's normal

I'm far from being an expert or even experienced at knowing about piercings, but this is just my feeling on it.
    Thanks. It has its on and off days. Some days I cant even feel it and then other days it hurts like hell.

I must say first few months it was fine barely felt it, but it seems to be almost getting worse in a way. not sure how to describe it.

my dog jumped right onto it in Dec/Jan and since then its been a bit red and had the white skin around the holes. also on and off puss discharge (off white) and then this weird bubble thing that causes some blood around the hole. its not infected I know that much and I only check it in the mornings when I wake up and at night (on the good days, on the bad days a bit more). I only clean in the shower other than that I try and avoid touching it.

The reason for wanting to take the bar out is to check it as its bioplast, I have heard that they could damage and so on as its not a metal, but as far as I can see when checking it it does still seem all intact and smooth.
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos:

It can take a year or more to heal and bioplast isn't the best. I would only take out the bioplast now to replace it with a titanium piece. Can you not order something online?
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    It can take a year or more to heal and bioplast isn't the best. I would only take out the bioplast now to replace it with a titanium piece. Can you not order something online?
    its more money issue than finding one issue. was my husbands birthday and mine so a bit broke. it is on my list of things I need to get. hopefully end of the month if I am lucky
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos:

Agree with dragon! Unless you're going to change the jewelry to a high quality titanium piece, don't remove it, it's just going to irritate your piercing ;c

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Agree with dragon! Unless you're going to change the jewelry to a high quality titanium piece, don't remove it, it's just going to irritate your piercing ;c
    Thanks
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos: