Thread: Labret placement for the right jewelry?

Default Labret placement for the right jewelry?

I feel like I'm going to ask a stupid question. Before I start, I have had my labret pierced before however it was done at an angle, the front was straight, however it was at an angle on the inside(that made no sense but I don't know how to explain it) I took it out since I realized I wouldn't be able to have a hoop ring since it would sit an angle. Fast forward now, I'm ready to get it back BUT I want to be able to pull off certain pieces of jewelry. In the pictures you can see how theres a thick gauge on the hoop which is not what I want, I like dainty jewelry. Another thing I don't want is the hoop to be far from my lip. I want it to sit snug/comfortably on my lip. Another is with the horseshoe ring, I want to be able to pull off a faux vertical labret so with all of this being said. Is there a certain placement where I need to ask my piercer to pierce or it it all going to make the difference with the jewelry I choose? The first and last picture are what my expectations are. I couldn't find another picture of what I wouldn't want but pretty much a hoop that bulges out like some nose rings that just don't fit snug on the nostril you know? I feel like I'm rambling on now and I apologize for placing such large images, I'm fairly new to this and just in need of an answer before approaching my piercer with a silly question since they always stare at me weird when I ask such a "complicated" question.. thank you!
    Ps these are not my pictures! just some from google!

Look up an APP registered piercer in your area and explain that you want to wear a ring/horseshoe once it is healed. A good piercer will take that into account and pierce you accordingly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel! Only one shop in my 100 mile radius is on there! Just two piercers! I'm wondering if I can just call and ask these questions rather than go in? I'm not sure. I don't plan to get pierced there as there is a piercing shop that owes me a labret piercing for messing up the first time (different piercer but same shop, the owner would be doing it this time) so I don't want to just walk in and ask all these questions and never come back ahah

Faye Michelle

Pierced 22 times (repiercings included)
    Three lobes, first and second x2
    Helix on both sides

Smiley
    Nipples left x3 right x2

Medusa/Philtrum
    Belly button x2
    Labret (repiercing soon)

SC: sarahlovesmoi

I don't know what to tell you then. You want APP advice but don't want to have them pierce you. You'd need to go see them anyway and the discussion of placement is a standard part of the piercing procedure. They can't tell you anything over the phone really.

Good luck.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm sure if they're reputable piercers, they would be more than willing to give you advice, if you were to walk in. It's best to be assessed in person, so that they can give you the correct advice.

I emailed and walked into several places, asking for their advice before going elsewhere to have it done.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,