Thread: Side Vertical Labret Diary

Default Side Vertical Labret Diary

I got my first facial piercing almost 2 weeks ago and thought I'd share my experience

The piercer I went to was amazing. I expected him to clamp me up but he went straight in with the needle after marking, and was very quick and efficient.

Pain level? I'd give it a 3/10. My gunned second lobes hurt/burned much more and for longer. My fear about the piercing was worse than the actual piercing itself. It felt like a sharp pinch, and there was a burning sensation for about a minute. Once the bar was in and everything, there was no longer any pain, just numbness. It felt like this for the rest of the night though I was eating, talking, and laughing
    The next day, that side of my lip was sore, and that lasted for a week, gradually going down. After that, there was no discomfort.

Swelling?
    imgur.com/9KGY1BW <--- about 8 hours after the piercing
    imgur.com/4jwygjE <--- the next day
    My lip swelled up the next morning, but it wasn't too bad, and like the soreness, it lasted for like a week. There was a bit of bruising on and on the inside on my lip but that went away 2-3 days later.

Issues? I could eat/drink as usual. My biggest issue was having a ball fall down the drain one night, and having to use a tiny bit of (clean) eraser on that end until I could replace it lol.

For aftercare I've been doing saline soaks 1-2 times a day and that's been going well. So far, I'm very happy with this piercing and how easy it's been to deal with

Side note/question: Since the swelling's completely down, is a downsize necessary for optimal healing? It looks like the first picture I posted, is that too much extra space?

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Hii!!

Congrats on getting your first facial piercing, looks awesome

As for your question whether you should downsize or not, I personally think you might want to leave it for a bit longer as it doesn't look like it has "too much space" to me. But when in doubt, I'd say talk to your piercer to make sure and see what they say

Happy healing!!
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.
    Dragon eye on right hand.
    Sphynx cat on chest.

Well done! Looks lovely. Did your piercer not advise when to go in for the downsize? Maybe give it another week then pop in and see them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Nice! I like the unique look of the vertical labret on the side. I've seen it on both sides, but never one like that, asymmetrical. I'm a fan of asymmetry.