Thread: Wanting to get my tongue pierced...HELP!

Default Wanting to get my tongue pierced...HELP!

I want to get my tongue pierced but I am having trouble getting through my nerves to actually go get it done. Does anyone have suggestions for keeping calm when going to get a new piercing? Any help would be great!
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

Against nerves I find that a bit of sugar mixed in water always helps me. Further more you will want to eat before getting your tongue pierced. After you get it pierced you might not want/be able to eat immediately.
    Good luck!
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

whenever I am going to get a new piercing I often get nervous too. I just end up getting in the car and drive to the piercer to get over my nervousness, sort of like forcing myself I suppose. I also take a lot of deep breaths along the way.

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Want to know a secret? It's not about the pain or the act of getting pierced (for me)... I have general as well as social anxiety disorder. By the time I sit in the chair to get pierced, my hands and legs are shaking slightly. I take anxiety medication but it doesn't seem to stop the shaking when I do get pretty anxious, and it's embarrassing as hell but you know what? I do it because after the first time I got a facial piercing and looked in the mirror, I loved what I saw... I refuse to let my anxiety rule me, so I keep going back.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    I do it because after the first time I got a facial piercing and looked in the mirror, I loved what I saw... I refuse to let my anxiety rule me, so I keep going back.
    This actually helped a lot. Also helps that I had an AWESOME piercer who saw that I was nervous and handled it perfectly by helping me with my breathing and talking me through the entire thing from explaining how to autoclave worked to screwing on the ball. It all helped so much
    ○○○○○○○○○○○○
    I have-
    Septum(16g) Both lobes(6g) Tongue (14g)
    ○○○
    I want to have- Labret, both lobes to 2g, tragus, daith, cartilage piercings, industrial right ear, tattoos
    ○○○○
    Retired- Medusa
    ○○○○○○○○○○○

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBlack View Post
    This actually helped a lot. Also helps that I had an AWESOME piercer who saw that I was nervous and handled it perfectly by helping me with my breathing and talking me through the entire thing from explaining how to autoclave worked to screwing on the ball. It all helped so much
    I'm so happy it helped you, and I think you are awesome for going through with it and getting your piercing!!! WELL DONE!!!
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.