Thread: helix healing advice please

Default helix healing advice please

Hi

Six months ago I got a helix piercing from a reputable place (I already have a forward helix from there which has healed perfectly. It still has a curved barbell in it. It was only changed from the piercing barbell to a shorter one and i've never changed it since).

Anyway, at 10 weeks the salon checked the new helix piercing and said it was ok to change to a hoop but now months later, it's still not healed.

I was cleaning with saline, moving the hoop round when I clean it (I moved the forward helix barbell when i cleaned it). Then for a very short while I just left it alone without cleaning to see if it would help the healing.
    It didn't and when I did go back to cleaning and moved the hoop I saw a small amount of yellow discharge.

I've gone back to sea salt and tea tree oil to see if it helps but it doesn't seem to be. Today the hoop is stuck and I know it won't now move until I clean it. This is what has been happening pretty much all along.

So I have a couple of questions
    - should I be moving the hoop when i clean it? I've read conflicting advice about this!
    - do you think changing the hoop back to a bar might help?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

No
    Yes

I'd stop using tea tree oil too. That stuff is really harsh.
    Caro

Thank you