Thread: conch piercing help !

Default conch piercing help !

I have had my inner conch pierced for a couple weeks now (i believe 3) and it seemed to be healing pretty okay from what i've heard about the healing for conches. it was quite swollen for a little while, but the swelling seems to have gone down. i've been sea salt soaking at least once a day and using antibacterial soap in the shower. now to the problem, i noticed yesterday that the back of my piercing is extremely red. but it's not all around the piercing, it seems to be located in a streak above the piercing (pic attached) it is a bit sore but only in that one spot where the redness is. my piercing only swells and feels more painful when i clean with the soap..
    can somebody help? i don't know if it's infected or what. but i'm quite concerned. [IMG]IMG_3887.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_3888.JPG[/IMG]

Can't see the picture but try stopping using the soap! AB soap isn't recommended for piercings. I just rinsed my own conch piercing in the shower from about day 2 to get rid of any gunk and pretty much left it alone. It never got so much as one soak.
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Can't see the picture but try stopping using the soap! AB soap isn't recommended for piercings. I just rinsed my own conch piercing in the shower from about day 2 to get rid of any gunk and pretty much left it alone. It never got so much as one soak.
    so do you recommend using the LITHA method or just stopping soap? maybe i should just see if not using soap works and then go from there?

I'm a great fan of the LITHA method so I'd stop the soaks as well. The body is incredibly good at healing itself when just left alone to get on with it
    Caro

I usually do some SSS when the piercing is fresh mainly for removing the gunk but after that I just LITHA. I think leaving it alone is the best way to go tbh!