Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a Piercee

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Cool Diary of a Piercee

Okay so I thought I'd start a diary to document the healing process as well as any other piercings I get.

Date of first facial piercings: 4th March 2017
    Piercings I got: Labret & nose

Date of third piercing: 11th March 2017
    Piercing I got: Septum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labret - Crusting has actually stopped! Such a relief to not have the bar stick and then pull. I noticed this past weekend that it has not crusted up, and continues to heal nicely. I cannot WAIT to get a shorter bar in once it's had adequate time to heal... this longer bar is annoying when I eat. It is a little dry around the hole but I think that's pretty normal. No soreness at all.

Nose - Absolutely perfect. No crusting (it never actually did crust) no pain, all good. It's healing the quickest, most likely due to the fact that it is in an area that doesn't really move around (unlike my labret).

Septum - Slightly sensitive when I move it due to trying to blow my nose or clean it, but doing well otherwise.

My least painful piercing thus far: Septum

My most painful piercing thus far: Nose (and not to say it was bad, but it was the one I felt the most)

Next piercings to get:

I'm waiting a couple weeks before I go for my left nose piercing, then I will wait again (maybe in May) and go for X3 cartilage piercings in one ear, then do the other ear another month after that. Nothing is set in stone of course, the time frame for these may change unexpectedly but that is the plan at the moment.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Septum update:

#piercingproblems

Every now and then I need to blow my nose during the day. Pretty funny actually... I've had to adapt to a slightly different way of doing it, so that I avoid moving the ring around too much. Anyway, afterwards I feel I should clean my septum (because, eww...right?) and the only cleaning solution I have with me at work is my salt wash. I decided it's too much on the piercing to use more than once a day, so I'm going to bring my bar of soap to work with me starting from tomorrow (my piercer recommended a good soap for cleaning piercings and it's been working perfectly).
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

Do not use soap on any healing piercings.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Do not use soap on any healing piercings.
    Methods are going to vary greatly from country to country... where I am, there's a specific soap that does the trick perfectly.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~

If you're set on using soap to clean a healing piercing... At least don't go and use bars. A bar of soap can't be cleaned itself so it isn't sanitary nor hygienic. If you must then bring a bottle.
    Best is still not to use soap though. Most soaps have either chemicals that are too harsh on healing piercings or they contain unnecessary things like antibacterial soaps. If you don't mind me asking, which soap is recommended by your piercer?
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland View Post
    Methods are going to vary greatly from country to country... where I am, there's a specific soap that does the trick perfectly.
    Okay. Bodies are still the same though no matter what country you're in and aftercare is based on decades of research. If it's anti-microbial soap then ok, anything else is too harsh. Sterile saline is fine.

But you do you
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    If you're set on using soap to clean a healing piercing... At least don't go and use bars. A bar of soap can't be cleaned itself so it isn't sanitary nor hygienic. If you must then bring a bottle.
    Best is still not to use soap though. Most soaps have either chemicals that are too harsh on healing piercings or they contain unnecessary things like antibacterial soaps. If you don't mind me asking, which soap is recommended by your piercer?
    i know the place she got her piercing and they recommend protex sensitive. not the antibacterial one that I know.

It's not bad but it's really not needed, especially on mucous membrane but again, folks will do as they wish

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's not bad but it's really not needed, especially on mucous membrane but again, folks will do as they wish
    True. Our piercer all give different advice. we do have the ones who say saline solution bought is best, others who say sea salt solution and they give you a starter bag with the salt, then these who say just the soap when you bath/shower will do? so I think for us in South Africa its hard to know whats best and not, we follow our piercers advice as they should know best. but I have found that sometimes their advice is shady.

So I guess its the whatever works for you method here. Sucks in a way

Yet there's so much good info online....like here. But again, each to their own. There's plenty of poor advice given by piercers all over the world, not just in SA.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast