Thread: Conch and industrial experiences

Default Conch and industrial experiences

Basically I'm after peoples experiences with these piercings as they will be the next piercings I get

I sleep on the side I'll be getting them done on (left) would one of those travel pillows be ok to sleep with? I can't sleep any other way and getting them on the other ear isn't an option

If you use the search function you'll find lots of diaries.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got my industrial piercing done not too long ago on my left ear. I sleep on my left so I was worried about getting it done but after a few weeks I could sleep on it without too much discomfort. You can still feel it but it doesn't hurt, It just feels slightly strange.

I could also sleep on my industrial fairly shortly after I got mine, although I suggest you try not to because I've heard it can lead to your piercing healing in a direction other than straight. I'm prone to keloids though and have a small one on the upper part of the industrial but I still love it. My biggest advice to you is to not take out the jewelry for a year, especially on an industrial because those are hard to put back in yourself and it can damage the piercing all over again if you have trouble getting it in. (I had this experience)

Industrial - I got my industrial pierced 3 years ago, took it out a year and a half later and got it repierced 4 months ago. Now when I first got it pierced, it bleed a lot but that happens a lot with me. It healed pretty well and only got infected twice. Then when I got it repierced, I got a huge blood bubble the week after, it was really itchy and irritating but it went away with constant cleaning, salt water soaks and applying a steroid cream from time to time. Now I usually vary between lying on both sides so I just built a fort around myself so I wouldn't lie on my right side. I would definitely recommend getting it because I think its really pretty.

Conch - I got my conch pierced almost a week ago along with rook. I got my conch pierced first and it wasnt sore at all but it did start throbbing about an hour after that. Then 4 days later, there was a constant throbbing and it was tender to touch. On day 6 now, it's perfect. Its fine to touch and move the bar, this could be from the salt water soaks I do everyday as my rook is just not healing at all. The conch was the best piercing I got in terms of not being sore while getting it pierced and only a short time after.

I pierced my conch about a week ago. The needle going through did not hurt, but I felt a lot of pressure. Putting the jewellery itself was the most painful part of the whole process, but still completely bearable. It was throbbing for about 20 minutes after it was done and then only hurt when I bumped it or touched it to clean it. After the second day it didn't hurt at all, even during cleaning and so far there has been no swelling whatsoever.