Thread: Frenum Piercing irritated after 11 weeks...

Default Frenum Piercing irritated after 11 weeks...

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help regarding my frenum piercing i had done on Dec 9th. I was pierced at a very reputable piercer with 10+ years of experience. Very professional and clean !
    I was pierced at 14ga with a 10mm stainless steel barbell as first jewel.

here's the thing, I'm 11 weeks deep and one of my piercings end is still red and tender around the hole when the other end is perfectly healed and pain free when manipulating the barbell.
    I don't feel real discomfort when untouched but i get that stingy pain feeling when sliding the barbell towards the irritated end.

So far i've tried SSS twice a day for a few weeks and haven't seen any improvement. I also switched the stainless steel barbell for a titanium one. At that point the redness seemed to fade but quickly returned 2 weeks later accompanied with a small blood spot in the morning.
    Also tried bioflex but no luck so far.
    I'm going back to my piercer tomorrow but would like some insight from people that already experienced something similar.

Thanks !

If your piercer put stainless steel in you then find someone better. Was the titanium jewellery implant grade? Could also be a placement issue etc. Where do you live?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm in Paris. I don't really know, but i only paid 3$ for the barbell so i guess it's not the highest of quality.

Last edited by FiL; 02-24-2017 at 09:01 AM.

You need to be wearing implant grade materials only.

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=1767
    http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=3368

The above are examples, you can also ask a good piercer to order in implant grade jewellery for you as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks i'll get one then , what do you think of Emu Oil for healing piercings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Catbond View Post
    Thanks i'll get one then , what do you think of Emu Oil for healing piercings ?
    I use frequently. It's fine to use on healing and brand new piercings.

I went to my piercer today and also consulted another one nearby.Both told me it was a plain irritation but wouldn't let me know what to do besides keeping it clean and massaging it in the shower. Hopefully this will go away soon!

The irritation could be being caused by the poor quality jewellery. Surgical steel has a high nickel content.

One thing to consider along with the quality of the jewelry is the length of the bar. You want it much "longer" than the piercing at first, not doing so could lead to your mentioned irritation.