Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double forward helix

Default Double forward helix

Today I went into my now regular piercing shop today to get a triple forward helix but came out with a double.

The piercer and my anatomy:

I'd never had this piercer before so I didn't really know what to make of her matter-of-fact tone about everything. I'm still not sure if she was being slightly condescending or whether that was just her manner.

Anywho, she seemed nice enough otherwise and was certainly very capable. She said I didn't have enough room for a triple unless I wanted it a bit higher but it wouldn't technically be a 'triple forward helix'.

Hmm, looking at it now I think she may be mistaken though because I think there's definitely enough room for a third... what do you guys think?

The piercing process:
    The piercing itself was pretty straightforward.
    I'm glad she did both piercings first and then loaded the jewellery. I've heard of people getting one done, jewellery loaded, and then the next one.
    It was just a slight pinch really. Second one had a little bit more bite to it as it usually the case but I actually kind of enjoyed the sensation.

It was pierced with 2 x 8mm length labret studs.
    I didn't ask what gauge they were pierced at - but I'm assuming a 16G.

Conclusion:
    Can't wait to get the piercings downsized in a few months; I'm not digging the look of excess metal bars at the back!

Also thinking of maybe popping back in tomorrow and getting a snug piercing too. A few weeks/months of my ear being uncomfortable is better than feeling that way again in 3 months time.

Current -
    Left ear: Triple Lobes
    Right ear: Triple Lobes, Double Helix, Daith, Double Forward Helix
    Other: Nipples, Septum, VCH

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -
    Tongue, Lip, Navel, Multiple Helixes

Without seeing the back/inside of the area it's hard to comment but it looks like a triple could have been fine. Also looks like the bottom one is at a strange angle and the top one has been done deeper than the other.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I thought that too at first and freaked out!
    Luckily it was due to me fiddling a little bit before the photo was taken so the jewellery was at a weird angle.

Forgot to mention the piercer made me inspect for ages and asked me to look at them from all different angles with a handheld mirror because I explained to her my fear about them being botched after all the horror stories and photos on the internet

Think I'll get a second opinion if my triple can be done and if not l may just get a snug tomorrow.
    Last edited by KittyMeow; 02-12-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

Day 4
    Three days have passed and I've been doing SSS once a day (instead of twice a day as instructed by my piercer) and adding a drop or two of tea tree oil in too.
    I've been doing this primarily, as my daith has a gross bump on it and LITHA for a few months hasn't seemed to be helping.

Not sure if it's doing much for my double forward helix but more gunk seems to come out of my daith bump every time I do it which is reassuring.

I'm thinking it might be the combination of tea tree oil and the hot water as plain SSS have done next to nothing for me in the past!
    Please don't chastise me for using diluted TTO. It seems to be helping me.

I couldn't feel my new piercings at all until about an hour ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with this very tight uncomfortable pressure.
    Maybe I accidentally slept on that ear and induced swelling. Ugh it's not overly painful but there's definite throbbing from the top one.
    Last edited by KittyMeow; 02-12-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

The tea tree oil won't mix with water so you aren't actually diluting it.

If you want to use it you need to mix it with a carrier oil of some sort- almond is popular. You can then dab it directly on to the daith bump and it won't affect your new piercings either
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    The tea tree oil won't mix with water so you aren't actually diluting it.

If you want to use it you need to mix it with a carrier oil of some sort- almond is popular. You can then dab it directly on to the daith bump and it won't affect your new piercings either
    You're right; silly me. Basic chemistry - oil and water don't mix.
    I was applying TTO directly to the daith for a few weeks and it went down a little but was drying the area around it too much and wasn't drawing anything out.
    I think the method of one or two drops in a mug *kind of* dilutes in the sense that one or two drops are now being applied to the whole ear instead of localised to the one area.

Thank you for your reply Caro!
    Sorry if I'm not making sense. It's 6:00am here and I've been awake since 1:00am from my double forward helixes and can't get back to sleep.
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

Day 5
    Today has sucked. It's now going through stages of being super uncomfortable and painful. At one point I was considering cutting my ear off just to alleviate it.
    Slight crusting has started. It doesn't look to be red or anything out of the ordinary.
    Been taking ibuprofen as well to help.
    Seriously hoping this stops soon as I'm not sure I can take this for much longer.
    I've never had this with any cartilage before.
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    Day 5
    Today has sucked. It's now going through stages of being super uncomfortable and painful. At one point I was considering cutting my ear off just to alleviate it.
    Slight crusting has started. It doesn't look to be red or anything out of the ordinary.
    Seriously hoping this stops soon as I'm not sure I can take this for much longer.
    Don't know if this is good advice but, my piercer said I can put voltaren gel around the piercing to help with swelling and it really works. That intense pain and uncomfortable feeling goes right away.

Hazel: Would that be ok or not advisable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post
    Don't know if this is good advice but, my piercer said I can put voltaren gel around the piercing to help with swelling and it really works. That intense pain and uncomfortable feeling goes right away.

Hazel: Would that be ok or not advisable?
    No, I wouldn't do that at all, it's never to be used on broken skin.

In all honesty a piercing shouldn't be causing that amount of pain anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    Day 5
    The tea tree won't be helping - if you mix it with water it will just float on the top and it will be undiluted where it touches your skin. Any aromatherapist can tell you tales of people who've burned their skin by putting just a few drops undiluted in oil into a bath. I've been using essential oils for years and there are very few I'll use undiluted on my skin.
    Caro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast