Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Pointing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ear Pointing

Hi guys!

Has anyone here had their ears pointed? Of late I've started really thinking seriously about getting it done, I'd probably use Samppa but I'm wondering about the reality of getting it done in the UK. Specifically, how do you approach your doctor about getting stitches out and getting antibiotics upfront? Also afterwards how do you find other people are? do they notice? if they do how do they usually react? - reactions won't put me off but I am genuinely curious. The only 2 things that are putting me off getting it down right now are saving up enough ££ and being squeamish lol.

Thanks so much.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

I don't have mine done but have looked into it a lot. I'm curious, why would you need a doctor to remove the stitches and why antibiotics upfront? You won't get an NHS prescription for antibiotics upfront. You'd struggle to get one privately without signs of infection as well I'd think.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi, as I understand it, if possible you are asked to have antibiotics as it's a kind of surgery and (I believe) antibiotics are given for surgery to prevent infection. And again as I understand it (I could be totally wrong but what I have gleaned is) stitches need to be removed a couple weeks after the procedure, so you'd need a medical professional to do so.
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Other:

Herein lies the problem. If you want surgery you'll have to see a cosmetic surgeon. They will be able to prescribe and provide follow up care. Also be prepared to pay a lot more and have a tough time finding one who can point ears.

If if you're wanting to go to a mod artist then things will be done differently. Each will have their own procedures but they can't prescribe but they will provide follow up care for suture removal.

This applies to the UK. I appreciate you can buy antibiotics in some countries.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Mac (Dr Evil) at Puncture Body Modification in Wolverhampton does them http://www.puncturedbodymodification.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    Mac (Dr Evil) at Puncture Body Modification in Wolverhampton does them http://www.puncturedbodymodification.co.uk/
    He may behaving a break right now with everything that's going on....

There's quote a few mod artists in the UK that do them.

can anyone 'point' me in the direction of a good guide? I keep getting referred to one on Tumblr but it has been taken down. Thanks.
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Other:

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    can anyone 'point' me in the direction of a good guide? I keep getting referred to one on Tumblr but it has been taken down. Thanks.
    A guide for what?

I had mine done last January by Luna Cobra (Jon) on one of his UK visits. I was drawn between him and Sampaa but in the end went for Luna Cobra as I prefer his more folded ones.I had loads of horrible reactions when I had the stitches in but I think that's generally just because of the stitches and blood!Now people don't really notice them and they are just 'me' now. Occasionally someone when my hair is up someone at work will comment but it's mainly nice things.Jon said I didn't need antibiotics, I'm a paranoid worry wart, so went to the Drs anyway and was completely upfront, dr insisted they were horribly infected, which I knew they weren't!As for stitches, I work at a vets, so I got a vet to do it!!The first night trying to sleep was horrendous!! But after that healing was fine. Jon was great replying to my emails! I'm hoping to see him in the future for other procedures!Before I had them done I approached managers at work to ensure they would have no issues with me having pointed ears.
    Current: 25mm lobes, 3mm conch, tragus, 4mm septum, nose, lip, medusa and cheek piercings.

Retired: forehead microdermal, high nostrils, anti eyebrows, facial microdermals, anti tragus, labret, nipple.

Fair few tattoos including labyrinth theme sleeve, panserbjørn back piece and some forest folk.

Looking ahead to nostril punches, ear pointing, vertical bridge and a few others.

Thanks so much Rattigan! I'm so interested to hear how people in the U.K. get on with such a procedure. Can I ask, you say the first night was difficult - how long before you felt able to sleep without worrying about your ears? I hear it can be a good 6-8 months before they are safe to sleep on?

Hazel - a guide as in a Q&A for ear pointing, thanks.
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Other: