Thread: Nipple piercing crusting

Unhappy Nipple piercing crusting

I got both nipples pierced in April last year, so about 10 months ago.

I still get crusties every day.

I understand that everyone's bodies are different and it can take up to 12 months to be fully healed but it seems like I've had these forever and I'm constantly cleaning and picking gunk off.

Apart from that, they seem fine. No pain and I love them but I'm just wondering is there the potential that even after mine are healed they might keep doing this?

Anyone else have this problem?
    It's honestly pretty gross and unattractive - definitely not sexy.
    Current -
    Left ear: Triple Lobes
    Right ear: Triple Lobes, Double Helix, Daith, Double Forward Helix
    Other: Nipples, Septum, VCH

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -
    Tongue, Lip, Navel, Multiple Helixes

Pics?
    What material is the jewellery made from?
    Bars or rings?
    Do they seem too long/short/small/large?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Mine have been done 9 months and they still crust (although it has gone down to crusts forming every other day rather than daily. From what I gather it's pretty normal - a lot of people seem to get crusties at that time of the month after they heal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Pics?
    What material is the jewellery made from?
    Bars or rings?
    Do they seem too long/short/small/large?
    They're the same ones I got pierced with. I think they're a good fit as they're not too roomy but also don't rub.

I believe titanium but I just messaged the place that did it to double check.

They're bars.

I have pics but I'm a bit too shy to post them here publicly - is it okay if I PM them to you?
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

Quote Originally Posted by qqpeow View Post
    Mine have been done 9 months and they still crust (although it has gone down to crusts forming every other day rather than daily. From what I gather it's pretty normal - a lot of people seem to get crusties at that time of the month after they heal too.
    This is reassuring! Thank you.
    A few friends of mine got theirs done 2 and 3 months ago and said they've only got crusties once or twice.
    Hmm, shows everyone really is different!
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    They're the same ones I got pierced with. I think they're a good fit as they're not too roomy but also don't rub.

I believe titanium but I just messaged the place that did it to double check.

They're bars.

I have pics but I'm a bit too shy to post them here publicly - is it okay if I PM them to you?
    Sounds like normal healing to me. You can PM me the pics if you think placement might be an issue. I don't mind looking as you asked so nicely
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That's okay Hazel. I think I'll give it another few months before getting too concerned that this is happening everyday!
    However they do crust quite a bit of lymph. Eugh!
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -

I've had my nipples pierced twice, the first time was for over a year, and the second time I think im at 4 months. Its very common for them to get crusties, I know some women who still get them after having their nipples done for years! Mine came here and there after the year mark, but its still normal to find them often. I find using Emu Oil on them daily helps with that, but thats just me. If you don't have titanium bars, that should also help a lot!

I had crusties on mine when they were pierced, but it was far from every day. It'd be now and then, with periods more than others.

I went to the piercer and she said they were almost healed and wasn't sure why I was getting them so frequently or why they crusted so heavily - sometimes there's a lot!

I ordered some emu oil as I heard that can help with crusties.

Also found out my bars are surgical steel and not titanium as I thought.
    My body doesn't seem to have a problem with the material in my other piercings but I'll probably change to titanium as a precaution soon.
    Current -

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -