Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meaningful Piercings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Meaningful Piercings

Does anyone have any piercings that have a important meaning behind them. Such as the fact I why I wanted my navel piercied. I struggle with Irritable Bowel Syndrome so my stomach always gives me grief on top of always a little bloated so I have some small pudge. The thing is I have always struggled with some body issues, I was on the verge of a eating disorder between 13-14 years old and you never escape those feelings so it bothers me sometimes. So I wanted to get a navel piercing to take something ugly and make it pretty. It really has helped too.
    So do you have any meaningful ones?

Nope. Same with tattoos really, all but 2 small ones have no "meaning" at all.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm always intrigued by the "meaning" of people's tattoos, and what they might tell you about the wearer. Just the other day, for instance, I saw a very attractive blonde girl walking towards me. The second thing I noticed was a large tattoo on her thigh depicting...an attractive blonde girl just like her. Wearing a ball gag...
    Eight piercings 'down below": Apadravya, Lorum, Guiche and five-rung Hafada ladder. Both nipples pierced October 2016.

No - all my piercings are just decorative. I have a meaningful tattoo though
    Caro

Nope. All of my piercings are just because I like the look of them (and I'm a sucker for jewelry, any kind of jewelry xD). Some tattoos of mine have a meaning though. But depending on how well I know a person I might or might not tell them the meaning.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

I have anxiety and part of that is endless worrying about consequences. I always wanted a piercing but, as I do, I gave myself a dozen reasons not to get one - until one day it just clicked that, if there WERE any consequences (e.g. work having a problem with it)... I could literally just take it out, so I walked into a piercing shop that day and got my nose pierced. It was just very liberating to put my anxiety in its place for once and I always think of that when I look at it. Since then it's just been for aesthetic reasons though!

I got my piercings done because that's who I felt I was. I live in a house where you cant really be yourself so for 24years I was someone who my parents wanted me to be. Last year September I decided that it was time to get my piercings. Not out of rebellion or anything like that but for me. And I must say I am way happier with who I am now than I ever was. I don't really know who I am so this is a journey for me. Also got my tattoo end of last year and that just helped me let go of a lot of hurt and things I was holding onto from my past. I don't do stuff just to do it, it has meaning for me and is part of my journey of self discovery.

Got my navel pierced as my first piercing, because I've always found belly buttons to be rather attractive and fascinating body parts. Plus I have a flat stomach and now have more of an excuse to show it off.

I have been feeling down/stressed lately and have decided to go and get something done at the weekend.

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Getting my piercings is a physical, aesthetically pleasing way for me to express who I am. They are *all* meaningful to me, because they stand for me having the freedom to do just that - express myself.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast