Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum Piercing Bump!!

Default Septum Piercing Bump!!

Hey! Im not exactly new to these forums as I've been reading them for years but I thought it would a good idea to get some advice about my septum.

I've had my septum pierced for a year after a yucky experience of being pierced through cartilage I got it redone last January. Healing was great I have never had any problems with it until recently.

When fiddling with the ring it was painful when I moved it around and it felt like it was just crusties. But after I cleaned it multiple times and the pain still didn't go away I looked at the entry point of the piercing to find a massive bump. The other side isn't that bad. But the main one is pretty big and I'm really worried about it. I started doing SSS on it today. I don't think it's infected since I've had an infected piercing before and I know how painful they are. There is no yellow pus or anything. The bumps are white.

I wear an anatometal 16g titanium horse shoe ring and I have never changed the jewllery. I plan on going to my local piercer tomorrow to see what they say about it.

-Is there any chance that they will tell me to just take it out completely? I'm really attathed to this piercing.
    -Will the bump go away with a SSS twice a day?
    -How long will it take for the bump to disappear?
    -Do you have any other advice about how to make these bumps go away?

Thanks!!

I've had my septum pierced for about 7 years, and after about 6 or so months of having it done after a cold. I had a small bump on one side of it, I just left it alone and it went away a few months after. I think it was just from movement of jewellery while wiping/blowing my nose too often. If it doesn't smell and isn't painful or weeping puss I'd probably, just say to go to the piercer for advice of course, but I'd probably leave it alone

Nixxy84

I've got a bump on my rook and I've just been leaving it tbh, no touching and minimal cleaning and it's slowly going down, in fact it's almost gone

-Is there any chance that they will tell me to just take it out completely? I'm really attathed to this piercing. - Unlikely
    -Will the bump go away with a SSS twice a day? - Maybe
    -How long will it take for the bump to disappear? - No one knows
    -Do you have any other advice about how to make these bumps go away? - Time and patience usually wins in these cases

Let us know how it goes at the piercers
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for all the comments guys.
    I went into the piercers yesterday and he said the main thing that was causing the bump was that the balls of the horseshoe ring were pushed too close together which put pressure on my septum. He widened the gap a little bit but it's still small enough that it stays flipped up. Im just going to see how it goes and leave it alone besides cleaning it.

Quote Originally Posted by x__ejw View Post
    I've had my septum pierced for about 7 years, and after about 6 or so months of having it done after a cold. I had a small bump on one side of it, I just left it alone and it went away a few months after. I think it was just from movement of jewellery while wiping/blowing my nose too often. If it doesn't smell and isn't painful or weeping puss I'd probably, just say to go to the piercer for advice of course, but I'd probably leave it alone
    yeah I'm hoping it will just vanish after awhile, the bump probably came up since I have been fiddling with it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy84 View Post
    I've got a bump on my rook and I've just been leaving it tbh, no touching and minimal cleaning and it's slowly going down, in fact it's almost gone
    That's good to hear! I hope the rest of its healing goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    -Is there any chance that they will tell me to just take it out completely? I'm really attathed to this piercing. - Unlikely
    -Will the bump go away with a SSS twice a day? - Maybe
    -How long will it take for the bump to disappear? - No one knows
    -Do you have any other advice about how to make these bumps go away? - Time and patience usually wins in these cases

Let us know how it goes at the piercers
    Thanks for the reply Hazel, I'm just going to keep on cleaning it and stop fiddling with it. Hopefully it will vanish soon.

Quote Originally Posted by leewanderer View Post
    The one thing I regret the most was having the septum piercing two weeks before Christmas. I was hoping to heal it by the New Year. One should be careful when you are having piercings on the face. I think my face skin is very sensitive. I got infected.

I feel so mad at the piercer. He was recommended by my friend. I am thinking about filing a personal injury lawsuit against him. Now, I lost the sense of smell and there is puss oozing out of the bumps. If you are not facing the problems I do, then you can assume you are safe and fine. The bumps in most cases would go by its time.
    I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you!! That's really unfortunate. Yeah you should definitely do something about it. Have you tried contacting him?

It'll probably go away eventually - I've had bumps on lots of my piercings and after a few months they go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast