Thread: Need help with CHEEK/DIMPLE PIERCINGS!!

Exclamation Need help with CHEEK/DIMPLE PIERCINGS!!

I'm on day 6 of my new cheek piercings and the swelling has already gone down which is pretty cool, but they are very red and hard around the hole...I'm scared it's infected :'( I do about three sea-salt soaks a day and use alcohol-free mouthwash after everything I eat/drink. Alot of white and clear lymph comes out which is good I think. It's still the first week and a little redness is normal but it doesn't seem to be going down! Any advice on what's happening? I also have a slight cold at the moment if that's got anything to do with it.
    Last edited by PuellaMagiMe; 12-16-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Do not expect the swelling to have gone in 6 days. If you're lucky they will start to behave in a couple of years or so.

Everything you have mentioned is normal, expect a very long and possibly difficult ride with these piercings, they are a huge huge commitment.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Do not expect the swelling to have gone in 6 days. If you're lucky they will start to behave in a couple of years or so.

Everything you have mentioned is normal, expect a very long and possibly difficult ride with these piercings, they are a huge huge commitment.
    I'm glad they're doing okay then and yep I'm ready to take on this journey

There's a couple of very long diaries on here, you may want to have a read of them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The hardness is completely normal- as Hazel said its just a form of swelling. I've had my cheeks for 11 months now and every so often they will act up a swell- its honestly normal because cheeks are a bugger to heal. They only way to describe it is 'a ring of hardness' but it will start to go away after around the 2 month mark- my right side has calmed down now but isnt exactly 'supple' and the left is still a bit hard but its obviously going down. Give me a message if you need some help