Thread: How much do your lobes expand when gauging?

Smile How much do your lobes expand when gauging?

Hello all! Im new to the forum, my name is Tony. My question today is the following...I have my left ear pierced(right now just a basic 16g hoop). I was thinking of gauging it alittle, but im worried about it looking uneven with my unpierced right lobe. The max I would gauge up to would be like a 4g(most likely a 6g). Do you think my lobes will look too uneven? Thanks!

1. There is no such thing as "gauging" just as there's no such thing as "millimetering". It's called stretching.

Now that's done.

As for anything looking uneven, that's personal opinion. I personally like symmetry with lobes but that's my personal preference. Why not try it and see how you​ feel?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree it's personal preference. Mine are even (which took a lot of babying of my troublesome left ear) but then my other piercings are asymmetrical. I think it depends on the type of jewelry you plan to wear and also things like your hairstyle. ~style it out~
    ~ Zee ~

Left: 4 x lobe, 1st lobe stretched to 8mm, 1 x helix
    Right: 4 x lobe, 1st lobe stretched to 8mm, industrial
    Other: Septum
    Retired: Labret, outer cartilage and one badly placed lobe (re-pierced properly)
    Want:2nd helix (L), forward helix (R), daith (?), conch (L), 10mm lobes and more tattoos