Thread: Pain Normal?

Unhappy Pain Normal?

So I did a thread about all the problems I had with my nose piercing. Went to see a different piercer and we established a different cleaning routine. Its just under a week since I started the new routine. My nose piercing is over 9 weeks old. Yesterday my nose started hurting. Not my nose itself but the piercing. it hurts right through the hole and when I do my SSS its quiet tender.

Is this normal? I get I had too many done at once and the fact that my life went upside down afterwards has not helped. Its not infected, this much I do know. could it just be over tender from the extra stress I have gotten over the weekend with basically being kicked out of the place I live and all that? or should I be worried?

All other piercing are fine and seem to be settling.

Nothing to worry about. Could have even knocked it in your sleep.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ok, feels like my ears did when I decided to swop the jewellery but will just keep at it and do my cleaning routine like a religion

I know my fresh piercings in my ears hurt if I sleep on the by accident.

My nose piercing would do this occasionally. It always seemed to pass though, as long as I cared for it properly

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttermanswife View Post
    I know my fresh piercings in my ears hurt if I sleep on the by accident.
    After changing my jewellery to sterling silver the pain stopped. I have changed all my starter jewellery except my bellyring. I think I had a reaction to the jewellery for some reason as all of them got unbearably sore and after changing the pain went away. Thanks

Yes after changing my nose stud to a ring it has been better and the bump is finally gone. Only piercing still giving slight battle is my helix and belly ring. Both seem to have a some puss coming out and some pain and redness. these I clean and then put coconut oil on. All in All a very sore lesson learned but I will not be returning to that piercer. Want to get my Targus in Dec but will go to someone else

Quote Originally Posted by leewanderer View Post
    I had a belly button piercing and it took me 6 months to completely heal. I mean there was no infection but it pained on touch and sudden movements. It's quite natural.
    Yes I know but mine is slightly red and has some puss coming out. It looks better since I started using the coconut oil. I do tend to bump it often so that can be the cause for the redness