Thread: How long to wait to Stretch new P.A.?

Default How long to wait to Stretch new P.A.?

Hi guys,

Title says it all... had my P.A. pierced a month ago... what sort of time frame am I looking at before I can start stretching it?

Also, what is the best way to go about stretching? Insertion pins, just jewellery and lube?? Any tips?

Thanks,
    BC.

Industry guidelines say 6 months on top of the point when it seems fully healed. I know many people stretch PAs faster than this but it's your body and it's down to you how cautious you'd like to be. It also depends if there's any self stretching going on, especially if you had it pierced at a large gauge.

As for stretching you want to be using high-quality implant grade jewellery, most find it ok to use the jewellery, some use insertion pins.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Hazel,
    Thanks for this. I'd seen the 6 months guide line but am so impatient ha ha. I know you can't muck around with stretching piercings though and don't wanna blow out or to cause any damage - particularly in that area... Guess I've got a to be patient and wait. I've been pierced at 2.3 I think.

Nick

I gave my pa a year before stretching. First two stretches were the hardest, after that they pretty much just fall in lol

Wow a year?! I'm so inpatient lol but I don't wanna do anything to cock it up (get it? ) Guess I've got a few months to wait lol

I'm wanting to get a PA but want a larger ring, can you have a wider ring put in when first pieced?

Quote Originally Posted by Markbee View Post
    I'm wanting to get a PA but want a larger ring, can you have a wider ring put in when first pieced?
    Yes, you want it to be 10g-8g at first anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<