Thread: Any luck closing earring holes?

Fallon

Default Any luck closing earring holes?

I really do wish I could retire all my ear piercings except my first lobes but I don't know how long it will take for them to close up or if they ever will. I have some neosporin. Is there a lotion I could use to close them up?

It is different for everyone but, since the last thread you made said that they were still bleeding then it might just take a day or two. There wont be an open hole or anything, just a small scar. Also there is nothing you can put on it as it is all up to your body to close the hole. All these problems that you have experienced are all caused by the fact that you got them with a gun and you kept on irritating them by constantly changing the jewellery so next time go to a reputable piercing studio, only clean with sea salt soaks or litha method and leave it alone until it is fully healed with no problems.

Fallon

I've left them out north of two months before and with a little effort was able to get the earrings back in. So maybe 6 months to a year?

No way to tell. I had second lobes done, decided I didn't like them and took them out after a couple of months. 6 months later I changed my mind and could still get jewellery in one of them. The other had closed up completely.

I retired my forward helix piercing last week. It's closed up in 4 days.
    Caro

Fallon

I keep putting jewelry back in so I doubt I'll ever retire them.

You just made this thread saying that you want to retire them and now you are most likly keeping them in?!

I did the same thing with my uneven, gunned lobe piercings for years. People would tell me they looked OK but *I* knew they weren't quite right. Think some of them must have closed by now but you can still see where they were.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe