Thread: Bleeding-Normal?

Fallon

Default Bleeding-Normal?

My extra lobes, helix, and auricle that I got done at the mall (I know) are still bleeding when I put earrings in and take them out after almost 2 years of having them done. I don't know if it's just me because it happened when I got my first lobes as a kid and it took at least 3 years for it to stop. It's worse when I haven't worn anything in them for awhile. Also I change my earrings a lot. I've decided not to retire them because I know they probably won't close up and I don't like the empty holes showing. Is there anything I should put on them to help them heal better. All I have is neosporin and coconut scented lotion, which I tried to use for stretching.

They are probably still bleeding because you keep on changing the jewellery therefore you don't give time for the piercings to heal. I think the main problem is that you got the piercings done with gun which can increase the healing time and damages the cartilage from the trauma. It is best to leave your piercings alone which means no touching and no more changing them and just do sss. Also, go to a reputable piercer to get implant grade titanium studs rather than the crap earring studs.

Fallon

I left my initial earrings in for 8 months...

Did you ever knock your piercings? What is the earring made of? Maybe at 8 months that was not enough for your piercings to heal probably because of the fast that it was pierced with a gun and you most likely cheap crappy earrings. What did you clean your piercings with?

Fallon

I don't know if I knocked them. I had stainless steel earrings. I mostly didn't clean them except in the shower.

Fallon

Maybe it's bleeding because the holes are a lil crooked and I stab at the wrong spot?

No. unless you violently force the studs in. Bleeding is obviously a sign that your piercings are not healed. Here are 2 ways you can go about this problem:
    1. Take them out, let them heal for 3 months and then get then re-pierced at a reputable piercer with a NEEDLE with implant grade titanium jewellery.
    2. If you really want to keep them then LEAVE THEM ALONE. Get implant grade titanium studs from a piercer and just leave them alone for a few months. Only clean then sea salt soaks or the litha method. Do not sleep on the side where your ears is pierced, no playing with it.

Like I said these problems are most likely due to being pierced with a gun so I would suggest that for future reference you should go to a reputable piercer to get it done with a needle and not in the mall. Also, stop constantly changing your jewellery because that just causes more irritation and damages the delicate fistula of an unhealed piercing. Cartalage piercings take a long time to heal despite being done with a needle however, with a gun it just increases the healing time because of the damage it causes to the ear.

Good luck! Must be very frustrating!

Fallon

I can't afford to get implant grade jewelry. I'm unemployed and living with mom and dad. And I DID try to jam the earrings into the wrong part of the hole (with force) multiple times lol.

can I just ask what is the point for you to get piercings if you can't look after them or get them properly done? If you can afford you get a nose piercing and a couple of ear piercings then you can get implant grade jewellery from the piercer. Have you even went to one and ask? If there isn't one near by then on body art forms i found an implant grade titanium labret for only $9.99:
    http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...roductID=20847